Anyone else have constant pain from fibroids or a bad ovary? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have constant pain from fibroids or a bad ovary? Anyone else have constant pain from fibroids or a bad ovary?

Unread 04-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Anyone else have constant pain from fibroids or a bad ovary?

I have a bad right ovary that has a huge cyst. I dont know the size but my doc thinks its a chocolate cyst filled with blood and debris. I am having a TAH May 6th. I also have multiple fibroids and a huge uterus to boot. I get constant pains in my right ovary from stabbing to pinching. I also get back pain, leg pain, crotch pain, cramping, etc. Im sure its a culmunation of things...but does anyone else get these things too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 07:55 AM

Hi Michelle,

I didn't have the endometrioma, but saw one online - it really does look like chocolate inside... My multiple fibroids were quite large (largest grapefruit-sized) and my doctor was surprised I didn't have more discomfort than I did. My main complaints were painful, heavy periods, constant fullness and bloating, and constipation. She said I should have had back pain from where it was resting - lucky, I guess. You will feel so much better when it's over!!
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:05 AM

I get all kinds of discomfort. I think alot of it is my ovary really with all the lower pain i get, but at times i get so crampy from my uterus. Im scared of surgery, but scared to live like this too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 09:21 AM

Yeah I have all of the same symptoms, the pain prevents me from doing ordinary things in the day all the time. I often can't go anywhere. I find bowel movements very painful. I'm so glad that they found the problem, it makes it easier to live with having to have a hysterectomy. I have a cyst on my rite ovary too. We are going to feel like new women cheers!
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:22 AM

Hi Michelle,

Fellow May 6 "sister"....I have constant back pain...actually everything you listed there sounds like the same pains that I experience. I'm hoping that after May 6 that everything will be better. I have a large fibroid and I feel my whole body aches....all the time! What's keeping me going is that in 3-4 months from now I will feel 100% better....I'm trying to stay positive and hoping that things will get better...

Any suggestions on how to alleviate some pain? I try to rest as much as possible, I stretch my legs (that helps alot)...can't exercise since that would just be torture on my body.

Lynn
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:13 AM

My savior has been my heating pad......i lay in bed with it on my tummy. I get achey too...especially my legs and im a smaller person too. I am 5 feet tall and weigh 108 so i bet it really puts weight on me and my lower body. Even my behind cheeks have ached.
I have only taken tylenol for the pain so far as i have a bad stomach to boot. Im hoping maybe some of my tummy stuff such as indigestion and reflux will go away with my surgery. If not, i know its my gallbladder then.
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:02 PM

I have alot of pain when I have to urinate and can't get to the bathroom right away. Holding it is horrible. I almost rescheduled my ultrasound. I was in agony with that full bladder. I have a cyst on my Left ovary that is 4cm and I feel that sharp stabbing on my left side when I am ovulating there. I also have alot of abdominal pressure. I have several fibroids. I think I have had it so long that I am more or less used to it. I can't imagine what it is going to feel like once I am healed up. I think the pain is a good indication that we are doing the right thing. It is our bodies way of telling us. Take care and hope you feel better.
Jane TAH/BSO 5/15/2008
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:45 PM

I had constant stabbing pain at my right ovary. I am just under 5 weeks post op and my dr actually told me that during the TAH he found that there was nothing wrong with the ovary but the problem was actually stemming from a boggy uterus. The pain was traveling the tube to my ovary and causing pain there instead of in the uterus itself. Pretty strange but the TAH (leaving both ovaries intact) has fixed the problem.
Unread 04-17-2008, 08:47 AM

I'm with all you women re: pain from fibroids. Between October '07 and middle of March this year my fibroids have been swillin' Miracle Grow when no one was looking. Soooooo painful. Is it May 7th yet??
Unread 04-17-2008, 07:32 PM

OP, I have most of your symptoms, especially the backpain and leg cramps, and those sharp, stabbing pains of my right ovary. For the past few years I thought it was my back! and I had been seeing a chiropractor and an orthopedic surgeon. Depsite exercises, therapy, etc. the pain got worse and worse. My abdomen started to pouf out and my butt sticks out. I can't sleep comfortably!

Come to find out after a visit to the ER for "appendix" pain--that I have a badly tipped swollen uterus with fibroids and it is pushing aganst my back! Of course it is hitting all my back nerves and giving me pain in my legs, sicatica, hip cramps, abdominal, pain, etc.

I learned this on March 22. I saw the OB/GYN 2 days ago for an ultrasound and he verified the problem is my uterus. I told him I want it out, totally, ASAP. I don't want to go for 10 more years like this (my mom didn't stop her periods until age 59, and only then with a TAH!) and I am destined to follow in her footsteps.

I begged the Ob/GYN for surgery soon. I was just told that I can have May 1 (if I am so brave) less than 2 weeks away. I said, are you crazy? Of course I'll take it! At 47 years I want to live again, be able to do all the things I once was able to do--climb mountains, do aerobics, have pain-free sex.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register