A Hair-brained idea??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Hair-brained idea??? A Hair-brained idea???

Unread 03-02-2005, 11:34 PM
A Hair-brained idea???

I've been obsessing about how to fix my hair when I go in for my surgery this time.

Not because I'm worried about the style of it, but because I don't want it hanging in my face, and since I recently cut it to just above shoulder length, it's too short to put all of it in a ponytail like I did last time.

I know that I'm not allowed to wear any metal barrettes, hair pins, etc or jewelery into surgery, so I was worried about what I could do to control my hair on surgery day.

Tonight I had a brainstorm.....I'm going to put the back section of my hair in a little pony-tail nub, and put my bangs up with those plastic little-girl barrettes.

That way when I before/during/after surgery (as I always do, *sigh*), I wont' get it in my hair.

I'm feeling pretty smart right about now.....yessir!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 04:30 AM
A Hair-brained idea???

LOL!! That is so funny! sorry I don't mean to laugh at you ,but I am sitting here being totally freaked out about my surgery and needing to talk to someone and I read your post and I haven't thought of that! that sounds like a good idea, I will be sure to do something so my bangs aren't in my way too!
Unread 03-03-2005, 06:51 AM
A Hair-brained idea???

HI, when I went in for my surgery the nurse gave me a cute little cap thingie to put over my hair. I have had a couple other surgeries and procedures and have always been given something like that to cover my hair. They don't want any stray hair getting in the way

Best wishes.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 06:59 AM
A Hair-brained idea???

Hi,

Same here....I was given the cute little "shower cap" looking chapeau to wear. My thought is they wanted to make sure I made it to the right party. Everyone else was wearing them and they didn't want me to feel left out.

They'll take care of everything for you!

Blessings and

Judy
Unread 03-03-2005, 07:03 AM
A Hair-brained idea???

The silliest things sometimes worry us dont they? I hope you dont find the barette uncomfortable when you are lying down. I've been fretting about my hair too . I hate messy and unwashed hair and my first thought when I got a pm time for surgery was that I will be able to wash my hair the morning of the op! Afterwards I wont be able to stand it until they let me out of bed and into that shower. But with long and very thick hair I was worried about how I was going to wash it every day when I get home as my rented house doesnt have a shower, only a deep bath which will be a nightmare to get in. Bending over with an abdo wound seems a bit of an impossible task too.
Anyway yesterday I bit the bullet and went to the hairdressers and explained my problem and she has thinned my hair dramatically and cut it just shoulder length so it weighs at least two pounds lighter! She said 'one thing you can be sure about your hair ..it will soon grow again!' Being comfortable and making things easier for after the op are more important.
everyone has said it looks good but I dont like it really, I miss my long hair ....now ... but Im sure afterwards I will think it the best thing I could have done!
Unread 03-03-2005, 08:23 AM
A Hair-brained idea???

I got mine cut very short (right to the ear) cause I figured that way it would be out of the way during surgery AND it would be easier to fix once I got home.

I'm also clipping my toe nails really short the night before surgery!
Unread 03-03-2005, 10:05 AM
A Hair-brained idea???

Ya, I know that I'll get the shower-cap thingie when I go in for surgery, but while I'm waiting with my IV drip, I probably wont' have it on.....and not when I get back to my room. Since I *always* I wanted to be prepared.

I just didn't want to hurl and get it in my hair. LOL

Plus, I can't stand it when it's not freshly washed and it's in my eyes. Ick.

I'm happy to go get my barrettes today!
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:06 PM
CURLY HAIR

I HAVE NATURALLY CURLY HAIR AND IF I DON'T PUT IT BACK OR UP I LOOK LIKE A COTTON BALL. ANY SUGESTIONS?
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
A Hair-brained idea???

This topic is near and dear!! I was totally bummed the day of surgery because I couldn't wash my hair. Hospital instructions said NOT to bring hairdryer so I didn't pack one and the motel(cheapo even if they DO leave the lights on for ya) didn't have one either. So, I went with dirty hair, but they soon covered it with the paper shower cap and off I went. I suggest parting it down the back and having pigtails!! if you can swing it. I got the biggest knot of hair and didn't notice til I got back from my first wobble down the hall!! I guess they call it "bedhead"..I had it BAD.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register