5 wks post op, drove first time, weepy! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 wks post op, drove first time, weepy! 5 wks post op, drove first time, weepy!

Unread 02-13-2014, 03:26 AM
5 wks post op, drove first time, weepy!

Was released to drive on Tuesday, 5 wks post op. was surprised to find how painful driving was. Must be due to the still draining and infected belly button incision. When I got home from driving have been so bummed and wanting to cry. I am overwhelmed with the extreme emotional roller coaster ride this recovery has been. Because of the infection how much more draining it is...and painful.
The surgery pain is mostly gone, I just get a strange throbbing deep in vagina that I can't find words to describe, to others or dr. It's like one step forward and two steps back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Re: 5 wks post op, drove first time, weepy!

Loraevrsn don't cry. Just take things one day at a time, step by step. Yes, sometimes it one step forward and two steps back, but prayerfully soon you'll only be taking forward steps

Give things a little more time. in there

Unread 02-13-2014, 09:47 AM

With all the Posts and research on the Internet I can't seem to find anything giving a rough idea on how long to expect this wound to continue to drain. I know it can't be exact, but a ball park figure. That would help a little to ease my mind. Want to feel perky and bubbly again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2014, 09:49 AM

I had an incision infection and a bladder infection at 2 weeks post-op. I then had my 3 week follow up and was cleared to "do everything but have sex." That did not make sense to me as I was still in such pain.

I tried driving at 3 and 1/2 weeks and found it to be a mistake for me! Breaking, turning, and getting in and out were painful. At 5 weeks I started taking VERY short drives and it was uncomfortable for about another week or two. I now know that I happen to be a slow healer and I just needed more time to get back to almost EVERYTHING.

I am at 4 months now and many times I have taken those 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. As the time is passing, I am feeling better about this journey, but I had times when I "cried me a river." I might even have more of those times in the future, but I can handle them better at this point. I guess I have adjusted to this crazy ride I am on.

I feel your frustration, but if you feel the need to cry, you should. Having a good cry is not always a bad thing. Then you WILL pick yourself up and get on with your recovery. As strong women, that is what we do
Unread 02-14-2014, 07:24 PM

Now to just find my energy...still not cleared for everything as I still have an open wound, and infection...I was hoping he would clear me for sex...lol! It is Valentines Day after all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register