how people react to your healing process - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how people react to your healing process how people react to your healing process

Unread 09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Re: how people react to your healing process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
Actually, I am sorry but my percentages were off. I looked it up again because I thought I remembered wrong. The reality is that you are about 40% healed at six weeks, 80% at six months and it takes a full year for us to get back to 100%. Quite the eye opener isn't it!
Wow! That is good information to have. Thank you so much for sharing that with us! -Oco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyteach View Post
I am almost 7 weeks post op from a daVinci hysterectomy. I just started back to work last thursday as a high school teacher. I have begun to encounter people who think since I have been cleared to go back to work, I should be 100%. But I am not. I have worked two days, and that is without students and I find that even before my work day ends my body is letting me know I need to stop. On Friday I was emotionally and physically exhausted by the end of the day, but when I mentioned it to co-workers, some seemed annoyed or acted as if i should get over. Have any of you encountered this and how do you deal with it?
I teach 5th grade math in a rural middle school. We had 2 days of inservice and two days of class. I told my doctor I was only ready for part time so I don't start full time until six weeks of recovery. I was exhausted on Friday and came home and mostly stayed on the family room couch all day Saturday too. One secretary had a hysterectomy and told me I shouldn't be there, but I don't think my fellow teachers understand. I am so glad we have a three day weekend. I worry about going back full time. I have an unbelievable story. The woman who was my nurse practicioner and did my anesthesia told me her son was in my class right before I went into surgery. We had open house my first day back and I was there getting my room ready for 10 hours. It was so hard talking with over 100 parents who stood in line for 2 hours to chat with me. When she came up to me and I told her I was not coming back full time, she gave me a dirty sneer and said,"Why?" Rrrrrrr! She was a parent that was rude when I had her daughter 3 years ago too!
Unread 09-05-2011, 04:54 PM

thanks everyone, it seems so many of us have the same experiences, which is why I love this website. There are many people who give me their full support, I guess because work is so draining on me right now, I find myself having little patience for those who just don't get it. Tomorrow will be interesting, a full day with students, that will be the real test! I hope everyone has a full and uneventful recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2011, 05:28 PM

Maybe people think you had so much time to heal you should be completely healed. They do not know. I recently told my coworker that when I do come back it will still be with restrictions and I explained that not only did I have a hysterectomy but extensive repairs as well so it will take longer to heal. She was completely understanding and said I did not have to explain why I have some restrictions. Unfortunately people do not know it is Major surgery. Hang in there I know it is tough.
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:36 PM

Wow! After reading these posts, I'm beginning to re-think my going back to work after two weeks (which will be this Thursday). My only hesitation really has been that I know If I take more time off than the 2 weeks, I don't have anymore sick time so won't get paid. But I also don't want to push myself... and I know myself. If I start back, and somebody wants me to lift something or do something I shouldn't, I may hesitate but I won't want to tell them I'm not ready for that yet if I'm back at work. Honestly, I don't know how my co-workers will be about this. Most of them are women, so I'd like to think they'd be understanding. My job isn't difficult. I'm a teacher's aide at a middle/high school. I do have to walk around a lot to work with various students, but generally there's no lifting. I guess only time will tell.
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM

wow I had a vaginal hysterectomy and my doctor told me 8 weeks recovery and no lifting when I go back after 8 weeks for quite a while after. So if you do go back do not lift anything heavy or you will risk tearing something and head back for another operation. You are not completely healed inside even at 8 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register