30 years old | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-20-2009, 07:00 PM
30 years old

I'm 30 and having my uterus/ovaries removed on Tuesday. Anyone else out there this age that went through it already at this age?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2009, 07:31 PM
30 years old

I am going through this. I'm 26 mother of two. I will have surgery on June 2. Good luck!!
Unread 03-20-2009, 07:39 PM
30 years old

I had mine at 30 this past summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
30 years old

I am a bit older, but still in my 30's. And I know quite a few women who have gone through it in their 30's also. And I have never met a woman who regretted having the surgery.

Of course there is the issue of children, which can make this much harder. But one has to find peace with the decision.

I cannot wait to be done with the recovery and ger back to normal life. I have picked up a habit of laughing at commercials for "feminine products" or contraceptives. Ha ha, never will I have to walk down that aisle at Walgreens!
Unread 03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
30 years old

I turned 30 in September of last year and I had TVH/BSO on 3/3/09. I have a daughter after years of miscarriages and constant pain. I always wanted more children, but was told that I could not carry to term. My daughter was premature, but we are lucky that she has no lasting health problems. I am not doing any HRT at this time, and so far I have not had any major symptoms of menopause. Just a few hot flashes in the first week following my surgery. Please feel free to post or to message me if there is anything the sisters or I can do to help put your mind at peace durng this difficult time.
Unread 03-20-2009, 09:56 PM
30 years old

Hi there. I'm 32 and I'm 7 weeks out from a very unexpected SAH. I don't have any children but I don't regret the surgery. In my case I had an extremely rapid growing fibroid that was very symptomatic and it had to be taken out ASAP in order to avoid a vertical incision.

I'm really ready for my recovery to be over with, and to get rid of this darn swelly belly/muffin top. I've been good though and have been taking it easy and not rushing the recovery. Good luck to you on Tuesday!
Unread 03-21-2009, 04:32 AM
30 years old

Thank you everyone for the replies! I don't plan on ever having children so that is something that does not worry me. This decision was a tough one for me..I have endometriosis and PCOS. I've been in and out of the ER for pain, had two surgeries, had an IUD, been on several meds. I'm ok as long as I'm on continuous birth control pills...been on them since I was 14. But if I stop taking them then I have problems So I can either stay on birth control pills until I hit menopause or have a hysterectomy. I really don't want to stay on the pill for more years and years. The decision was hard because the hysterectomy is not 'absolutly nessesary' since I am ok on the pill. That is my first worry.
My second worry is that I have depression and I am concerned about if it will get worse after the surgery. Also, I don't know what I will be like after this being in menopause so young. Will my personality change, will I still be able to do things like martial arts....I'm having my ovaries removed too so I worry about what will my health be like.
I've tried many birth controll pills over the last 16 years...I have such horrible side effects from them and just want to be free of them.
Anyway...sorry to blab on and on....I think I'm having the last minute jitters or something. Any advice would be helpful though
Unread 03-21-2009, 09:51 AM
30 years old

I suffered from depression for several years prior to my surgery. Since I had it done, I have felt so much better emotionally, and I am cutting back on my meds so that I will be off of them completetly in another month or so. I had so much constant pain before my TVH/BSO and I was unable to partici[ate in my own life and my family's life. I think that is where a lot of mt depression came from. I can only speak for myself and I don't want anyone to change/stop meds or take my advice over their doctor. But it may be something to speak with your doctor about.
Unread 03-21-2009, 12:30 PM
30 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by nug1
Thank you everyone for the replies! I don't plan on ever having children so that is something that does not worry me. This decision was a tough one for me..I have endometriosis and PCOS. I've been in and out of the ER for pain, had two surgeries, had an IUD, been on several meds. I'm ok as long as I'm on continuous birth control pills...been on them since I was 14. But if I stop taking them then I have problems So I can either stay on birth control pills until I hit menopause or have a hysterectomy. I really don't want to stay on the pill for more years and years. The decision was hard because the hysterectomy is not 'absolutly nessesary' since I am ok on the pill. That is my first worry.
My second worry is that I have depression and I am concerned about if it will get worse after the surgery. Also, I don't know what I will be like after this being in menopause so young. Will my personality change, will I still be able to do things like martial arts....I'm having my ovaries removed too so I worry about what will my health be like.
I've tried many birth controll pills over the last 16 years...I have such horrible side effects from them and just want to be free of them.
Anyway...sorry to blab on and on....I think I'm having the last minute jitters or something. Any advice would be helpful though
Can I throw in my 2 cents? I regret my surgery. I have suffered with depression most of my life and have had a horrible time since my surg getting my hormones balanced. I was ok on anti-depressants before the surg but didn't like the side effects so I opted for a hyster. I recently had to go back on anti-depressents so what was the point? You will need to be on hormone replacement for as many years as you will need to take BC. If this method is working for you, I would wait untill it stops working before taking the step of having a hyster. Once it is done it can't be undone. Sometimes it only creates more problems than it solved.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register