LAVH on Monday, little scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH on Monday, little scared LAVH on Monday, little scared

Unread 05-15-2004, 11:13 PM
LAVH on Monday, little scared

Hi Sisters,

Well after months of waiting, I am going into the castle on Monday morning for a LAVH. I feel calm, yet very emotional. My sweetheart has been so wonderful to me, I'm so grateful. Yet, still a bit scared. Afraid I'm trading in a old set of problems for a new set. Most women I have talked to are thrilled with their LAVH, saying its the bet thing they have ever done. The posts for LAVHs on the site have been mixed, yet mostly positive. Just wanted to share what I'm going through. Does anyone else feel like this?

LAVH, HPV, cervical dysplasia, polycystic ovarian syndrome, enlarged uterus, edema (look 6 months pregnant).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2004, 11:29 PM

Winkie,

We have the same surgery date. I am having an LVH(if all goes well)at 11:30. I too am concerned about the possible problems--mostly anesthesia, but I am looking forward to the relief of no more nightmare periods. It seems like each type of hyst has their own unique issues. Hopefully we won't experience any of them.
I wish you well on the big day!
akobie
Unread 05-15-2004, 11:29 PM

Hey, Winkie,

It is very normal to be scared!! If you weren't scared, there would probably be something wrong with you!!

Just take the next 36 hrs. and realize...this to shall pass. You will be to Tues. before you know it!!

My LSH was my FIRST surgery (besides lasik eye) and I thought I was the only one in the world who had never had a surgery. That really scared me!!

Just breath....divert yourself with family, friends, a good movie, a book. In the months and days leading up to my surgery, I sometimes got away from thinking about my fibroids and THEN...there they were again. Oh yeah...and surgery too. You can drive yourself nuts thinking about it 24/7.

And Tues. will come, and guess what?? You won't have to worry about surgery anymore!!! My mom said, "getting it over with is easier than the wait."" You know what, she was right!! I am very, very pleased with my surgery results.

Good luck, Winkie. As a fellow "lap" Sister, please post when you get home. We would love to hear how you are doing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2004, 11:34 PM

Akobie,

I worried about the anesthesia too. I heard all the horror stories!!

I had no problems with it. I can't remember any of the surgery, so my "A" did a good job!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register