Pretty scary stuff.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pretty scary stuff.. Pretty scary stuff..

Unread 07-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Pretty scary stuff..

There is a link on this site that says Hysterectomy Effects.. from the HERS foundation or something like that. If you click on Facts, there are some pretty scary things listed there. What's up with that???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Pretty scary stuff..

zengac-
I'm not sure why they are on here, except they probably provide advertising dollars to HysterSisters. I read them before I had my surgery and dismissed them. I don't think their methods are scientific. I couldn't find anywhere where they discussed their methods of gathering their statistics. They seemed to find women who had a negative result, and then interview only them to find ALL of the problems that they have had. At least that's how it looked to me. I did my own anecdotal survey of my friends who had had hysterectomies, and NOT ONE OF THEM had any regrets. I certainly have no regrets. I really don't like these websites, and TV shows (look at the thread on the CBC documentary) that are out to scare women about this surgery. Yes, we do need to do our homework. Yes, we do need to make sure that this is the right solution for ourselves individually. Yes, we each need to try other options if that's what makes us comfortable. But sometimes getting rid of our uteruses is what gives us back a good quality of life. Free from pain and bleeding, more energy to live again. Just my 2 cents worth.
Julie
Unread 07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Pretty scary stuff..

so...what thing or thing(s) do you find disturbing? any particular one thing or ????

oh and btw,Julie, I love your signature line!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register