I Am Home! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-26-2001, 08:03 PM
I Am Home!

Hello Sisters!
Well thanks to all your great advice I made it through just fine. I went went in for surgery on Nov, 23rd and was released today at 11:00. I had a TAH and they were able to leave my ovaries as they looked fine. I was put under around 7:30 and woke up very sleepy around 9:30 and was up in my room with DH by 10:45. I was uncomfortable with back pain more that incision pain. They gave me a morphine pump. Feel free to use I as much as you want as you can't over do it, it shuts off at the maximum amount.
The 2nd day I asked DH to bring the heating pad. That was a big help for the back. I forgot how hard it is to lay in bed so much. I did sit in chairs and on the couch and tryed to walk a few times a day, I did laps around the hall and Was proud that I could stand up straight. I had a private room with a nice view ( On std. HMO coverage, Lifeguard). By Sunday I was feeling much better. the only pain medication I have had to day and yesterday was a pain pill and sleeping pill a night. I am 45 years old and have had large fibroids for years. My Doctor said at least 15 - 20 on the inside and outside. I am so glad to have it over! If anyone has any question feel free to e-mail me.
Maureen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 08:14 PM
I Am Home!

welcome home! Glad to hear you are recovering well from your surgery. Rest and be well.

BSQ
Unread 11-26-2001, 09:27 PM
I Am Home!

Hello mejohnst,

This is my first post to the site. I have been reading for around 4 week, and am set for surgery 12-11/01. I am soo glad to hear you are doing well. I am 44, and pretty frightened right now. I live in a rural area in the NE, and am wishing I was visiting a castle in a larger town....Wishing you well.

Nailspa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2001, 12:49 AM
I Am Home!

Hi Maureen!!
Welcome to the other side of the castle, newly crowned :Princess !!!

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well! Keep pampering yourself and getting lots of rest and you'll be fast going on the road to complete recovery!!! I hope your recovery is quick and as painfree as possible!!!!

Unread 11-27-2001, 02:13 AM
Maureen

Hey there sister you made it!!! YAY Welcome to the other side. How does it feel to have that part behind you?
Now remember to rest and rest heaps, do not overdo it or the pillow police will see, (eh Toonces) shhhh I nevertold you who one of them is ok! Lol
Really you only have one chance to recover so make sure you do it well. Be pamperd and relax and concentrate on becoming a new you. Goodbye preiods yay! Once again congratulations on a job well done.
Love and hugs Vicki
Unread 11-27-2001, 03:58 AM
Welcome Home!!

Its good to know you have done so well...My surgery is 12-26 and I am a little nervouse bc I am allergic to codine..At the hospital, this will not be a problem bc I will have the Demerol pump like you had, so no pain there..lol...But home is a different ball game....I cannot take anything now for the pain bc codine makes me itch like I have some disease..So I am scared of what life at home will be like for me...What type of pain killers did they send you home with? Good luck and KIT...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register