Help! Fearful about pain! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! Fearful about pain! Help! Fearful about pain!

Unread 12-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Help! Fearful about pain!

It has been three weeks since hysterectomy. I thought I was doing great, and was going to return to work next week. THEN, I ran out of oxycodone (pain killer), and I feel terrible. Pain in back, abdomen, side and leg. I could barely get out of bed this morning. Prior to surgery, I was an active, healthy, professional 46 year-old with no chronic pain.

I have this TERRIBLE feeling this is going to be my new life. I am hoping for reassurance that this will get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 10:15 AM

Hi Ruby! Did you read the 3-4 wks post op checkpoints? I just did and realize this is ME and probably You at this point. I too have pain and developed a hematoma, which thankfully is draining. Remember, we just had MAJOR surgery and probably have lots of internal stitches that are beginning to heal. Each day is an adventure for me. I want to do more but know that if I do I'll pay for it dearly. Give yourself more time to heal. I know I'd never make it back at work at this point and I have a desk job! Hang in there, it will get better!

P.S. Call your doc if you are concerned about the pain. Do you have a fever? Mine is checking my blood counts as we speak to see if I have an infection brewing. You may want to call and discuss your symptoms with a nurse or see your doctor. By all means get some more pain killers if you need them. No need to suffer. Besides, when we're in pain we tense up and our muscles just hurt more!
Unread 12-11-2007, 10:16 AM

Honey, you are still healing!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't be ready to go back to work yet. You are going to feel the benefits, I promise. I know at about the point you are thinking I fell like this and I am suppose to be happy to never have another period! Are you kidding! This is NO trade!
It truly honestly does take the 6-8 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:50 PM

I'm well behind you, at the one week marker, but I just wanted to give you some support to help you hang in there. It takes time to recover from major surgery - and a few weeks isn't nearly enough. Even after the routine 6-8 weeks, there's still lots of recovering going on inside.

It may seem like it's taking a long time... but it's not going to be forever. Once your body is finished healing itself, it will be better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register