3 mos post op yet another discharge problem? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 mos post op yet another discharge problem? 3 mos post op yet another discharge problem?

Unread 03-15-2011, 11:51 AM
3 mos post op yet another discharge problem?

when does it end. i have to see my doc. again for a smelly discharge that i cant seem to get rid of, i've been treated 2 weeks after my surgery for an infection, then a uti and god only knows what's going on now. i'm very fustrated i yet to have sex becuase of the embarassing smell down there. has anyone experience this before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Re: 3 mos post op yet another discharge problem?

I have only had it when I had an infection and for a brief time when stitches were dissolving. They told me if the discharge started again to come in because it would mean I most likely had another infection. I would be very persistent with your doctor until you get this figured out. I would ask for cultures. There are different types of bacteria that responds to different types of antibiotics. That way you get the correct stuff to start with. Hope you find an answer. Let us know how you are! Hang in there and make the doctor earn his pay. It's his job! If not get another one. There has to be an answer.
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:11 PM

my appointment is for tomorrow i will definitely ask my doc to take cultures, enough is enough. i'm still wearing panty liners everyday, becuase i don't know when time of the day the discharge will come....smh i will definitely keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2011, 08:59 PM

I went to the doc today she examined me and said i had some granulation tissue and treated with silver nitrate, i hope it works she said to give it a week to see if any changes.
Unread 03-16-2011, 09:55 PM

Glad to hear she saw what the problem was. That always helps ease your mind. Take care!
Unread 03-17-2011, 03:56 AM

newhope43 - I'm only 3 1/2 weeks post op but had a smelly discharge. Since starting on anitbiotics the discharge has stopped and the smell nearly gone. The Dr said it was a bacterial infection from the stitches dissolving. I hope your Dr gets it sorted for you. Good luck.
Unread 03-17-2011, 01:28 PM

yes the mind is at ease....sigh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register