Anyone else going to the castle labor day week? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else going to the castle labor day week? Anyone else going to the castle labor day week?

Unread 09-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Anyone else going to the castle labor day week?

I am moving in Tuesday 9/6. Wondering if there are other ladies in waiting this week. I am going to have my one remaining ovary and tube removed as well as my uterus...my cervix if necessary. The doc is going to take a looksee with the laproscope and then decide on whether to go vaginal or just cut on the dotted line. Naturally I started my (last) period today. I was due the day before surgery, but it came early! How fun for surgery, huh? At least it will be the last time it factors into my schedule. I've had a lot of anxiety this week but tried to look at it positively and bought myself 2 new nightshirts, a robe, and slippers from victorias secret as well as a new squishy pillow from brookstones (the kind you can actually wash!) and a new shenel (sp) throw blanket to treat myself for the trip the to castle.

If you are packing, let me know so we can hold hands and keep each other calm! I get to spend Labor Day on clear fluids and drink my colonic cocktail. I need a hyster buddy or two!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 02:45 AM

I'm having TVT and rectocele repair (not hyster) on 8th September.
Unread 09-03-2005, 05:53 AM

I am having a TAH/BSO on the 7th of Sept. I am nervous but very excited. I am so ready to be out of pain. I, too, bought me a new robe, nightgown, and slippers. I have been looking for one of those squishy pillows that were so popular @ christmas time, but I can't find one. I have been wanting one for a while. I was scheduled for Aug 31 but was canceled, so I just kept my bags packed. For the last week everytime I look at them I get kind of jittery and nervous. I would love to be your hyster buddy. I will pray that our surgeries go well and that God will carry us through with an uneventful and speedy recovery. Sending you a virtual God Bless and keep you in his arms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 06:59 AM

I'll keep all of y'all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that every one has some fun with their families this weekend and that y'alls surgeries go great and you have smooth recoveries.
Unread 09-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Good luck to you

I'm going to the castle on the 7th myself. Just a word of encouragement to you and yours. For myself, nerves are all a jangle, but keeping a brave face on. The best of luck to you, I'll be saying prayers that you come out the other side better than ever!!

Here's a for all the ladies in waiting.

Forward we shall go to be pain free and better than ever!!

Unread 09-03-2005, 08:31 AM
I'm on the 7th, too...

I have been cleaning like crazy, getting ready... I've cleaned out closets, the laundry room and have my eyes set on another closet!!

I got chapstick and little face wipes last night at the store. Oh, and got the two fleet enemas for Tues. night. I'm just so ready to have it done that I'm not really nervous... or maybe I am and cleaning is a way of hiding it!

I'm planning to buy some new soft jammies and a sweat suit to wear home. I'm also purchasing birthday cards and presents I need for the whole month of Sept. I'm wrapping them, putting the postage on, etc. so all my Mom or DH have to do is mail them. I've let all my kids teachers know that I'll be "out of commission" so to speak for a while. Am I leaving anything out? I feel like I need to go make another list!! Maybe I am a little nervous, huh?

Praying for all of us this week. It's going to all be better next week!!

Hugs and prayers,
Ginger
Unread 09-03-2005, 08:46 AM

Good luck to all of you. I just got home from the castle last Thursday. Just trust in God and your doctors and everything will be fine. Some hospital hints that really helped me: bring a new pretty nightgown. I felt soooooo much better in my nightgown than I did in that ugly hospital gown. Also..bring your own pillow. It really helps. My nephew sent the cutest cuddliest little brown teddy bear and everytime I slept, I just cuddled him and it really helped. Definitely bring a small comfy pillow for your stomach and when you finally get the catheter out and head to the bathroom, take it with you. It saved me in there. I brought books and magazines but didn't really look at them because you are kind of loopy on the meds and aren't real able to concentrate. I think attitude is everything. Keep positive, know you are going to feel much better down the road and you will be just fine. I am amazed at how much better I feel than I thought I would feel. I am taking full advantage of being pampered.
*A note to gcslp. My best friend of over 30 years just moved to Edmond OK last summer so I have a contact there if you need something. Good luck ladies and I will be praying for all of you.
Unread 09-03-2005, 01:03 PM

Thanks for all the support! For the girls going in, I also prebought cards and presents. Another thing I did was print a calendar for September and put it on the fridge along with detailed info on the first 4 days so dh, my mother, and the kids know what is going on step by step those days (who is picking whom up in carpool, who has a min day at school, etc. etc.)

As for the tummy pillow, you can find both the old squishy type pillow and the new one I just bought (the one that can be washed and comes with a pillow case) at Brookstones. Probably they have an internet site. I own both but really recommend the new one. It is the right size, small rectangular, and comes with a white super duper soft terry type pillow case. Both the pillow and case are washable. You can't wash the older type pillow. And then they sell colorful pillow cases for later if you want to keep it to match your room.

I need to do some rearranging of furniture today. I think I will be recuping on the coach bed downstairs for the first few days home. My husband's grandmother passed away the night before last and there is a lot of company in town today. I don't know if I will get everything done I had planned, but that is more important.

Hope you all get to your "to do" list. I keep counting down.....only 3 more days of fitting into my shorts, doing laundry, etc. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Unread 09-03-2005, 01:09 PM

So cute about the teddy bear! Did you get much company in the hospital? I'm thinking I don't want much except to see dh, my kids (so they know I'm ok) and my mother. Not like I have a baby to show off or something. I hope a lot of friends and extended family aren't planning to drop in. I've kinda put out the "maybe once I'm home vibe"....I hope that isn't too rude. But I'm not sure how the hormonal thing will hit me and I KNOW how the operation feels from past experience. Of course.....they are free to send teddy bears, flowers and chocolate!
Unread 09-03-2005, 02:56 PM

I go in on the 6th also. I am so ready. Every now and then I get a little nervous but then I just have a little talk with myself! I am having an LAVH. I have been trying to get my checkbook up to date and all bills paid for the month so I don't have to worry about that. My two year old granddaughter is going to come see me this weekend. She is sooo cute and always cheers grandma up. I'm also trying to straighten my house and still need to pack. Thanks for all the tips.

Ann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register