Recent surgery cystocele and rectocele HELP!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recent surgery cystocele and rectocele HELP!!! Recent surgery cystocele and rectocele HELP!!!

Unread 11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Question - Recent surgery cystocele and rectocele HELP!!! Recent surgery cystocele and rectocele HELP!!!

I'm a week post op for a cystocele and rectocele. Should I still be feeling so tired? Also I've been sneezing and today I had some leakage....is that normal? Help I don't want to go thru this again. I want to be fixed. I've been struggling with incontinence for years and now I have hope that its over. Please someone help ease my fears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Re: Recent surgery cystocele and rectocele HELP!!!

You are very early in your recovery, so feeling tired is very normal! The surgery is invasive to more than one layer of tissues, plus you have incisions on both the front and back wall. The incisions and stitches that are in the vaginal wall plus the fachia layer will cause you to be swollen for several weeks. The swelling may be the cause of the leakage (was for me). At about 3-4 weeks I noticed swelling was greatly improved (I had inflammation of my stitches so needed antibiotics at my 2 week check up so that may have caused me to feel swollen longer). I still have a day once in awhile where I can tell I am more swollen, usually after being more active than I am ready to be, so I rest more on those days.

The healing of the tissues takes even longer, so your doctor wants you to avoid any straining, lifting, pushing, pulling, etc. until he/she determines you are all healed. Frustrating, I know! I am in week 7 of recovery and can tell you that every week gets better and I feel fairly normal again. But I also want to not do too much to un-do the repairs.

Treat yourself gently, give yourself time to rest / nap when you feel like it. You will feel better soon!
Unread 11-15-2012, 05:28 AM

hey chick I totally agree with the above post. You are very early in your recovery. I am 4 weeks post op for a rectocele which was all the back wall and a repair on perineum. I am still getting discharge and very sore when standing. I am having improvements everyday. You MUST listen to your body do only what you can ok. Sending loads of healing to you take care jax x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM

Thank you for your reply. Makes me feel much better.
Unread 11-15-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxiom View Post
hey chick I totally agree with the above post. You are very early in your recovery. I am 4 weeks post op for a rectocele which was all the back wall and a repair on perineum. I am still getting discharge and very sore when standing. I am having improvements everyday. You MUST listen to your body do only what you can ok. Sending loads of healing to you take care jax x
Did you have any post surgery bleeding?
Unread 11-15-2012, 07:03 AM

yes I did have and loads of it. It finally stopped about a week ago but went to brown discharge. Now started bleeding again which apparently is normal as internal stitches are disolable and the bleeding might start again one they become loose. its scary though eh chick. I have not bleed for 4 years (had hysterectomy) and is horrible having pads again. Keep your chin up it will be worth it xxxx
Unread 11-15-2012, 07:18 AM

Thank you my new friend!! ;-)
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:02 AM

xxx
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:18 AM

I hopping on this thread because I am 10 days post op from the same surgery plus hysto.
Question- did any of you ladies feel itchy? I have a horrible itch in my perineal/ back vag area. It's driving me NUTS! If you did, when did it go away???
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:01 AM

Hi babe no sorry I have not had an itch, might be your body reacting to stitches used so check with doc your not having a reaction to them.
Take care in your recovery jax x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register