New here! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-06-2004, 11:57 AM
New here!

Hi,
My name is Laura and I will be having my TAH on 7/19/04. I will be on vacation for 9 days before the surgery and am looking foward to trying to relax.
I had my pre-op appt. this am and the nurse said nothing about bowel prep - that the doc did not require it but I could do it on my own if I wanted too. Has anyone done that just to be more comfortable in the castle?
I also am very nervous and have not been sleeping well. The doc gave me a RX for ambien so I can get some rest before the surgery. Has anyone else had this problem? I just can't wait for it to be over!

THanks, Laura
D & C 2000, Endometrial Ablation 2002, Progesterone and Aygestin 2003. Take it out - I do not need it anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2004, 12:43 PM
New here!

Hi Laura,

I did not have to have a prep before, but I did take fiber and drink lots of water to keep real regular before my surgery day. I had trouble anyway because I had posterier repair so I had a bottom trying to heal that hurt.

I also was given Ambien to relax before so I could sleep. It should help you.

I know how you feel about getting anxious and tired of waiting for the day. It will come and be overwith before you know it. It helps to stay busy, time goes quickly and you won't think about it as much.

Sending s your way.
Unread 07-06-2004, 02:26 PM
New here!

Laura,
This site is awesome- you will love it-
as for the bowel prep- i did not have to do it but i just did clear liquids a couple of days before...gave the MD more room to move around...

the waiting is the worst- a vacation before will probably be the best thing! have fun on vacation...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2004, 03:38 PM
New here!

I wish that I didnt have to have bowl prep!! I get the joy of a saop suds enema in the morning before my surgery! I had no idea that this was going to happen until this morning when I went in for pre op. I guess that it will help to make things more comfortable in the end though, no pun intended! hehehe

I spent the last week and a half in the mountains with my family and friends, and am so happy that I did! Not only did I get lots of hugs and support, but it helped me to keep my mind off of things. I said yesterday that I was looking forward to the stay in the hospital, so that I could get some rest!

I wish you the best. Feel free to ask the ladies here anything. They have been my saving grace through all of the waiting. Before you know it, you will be a princess!
Unread 07-06-2004, 04:16 PM
New here!

Hi Laura, I didn't receive any instructions or notification of bowel prep either!! I'll be TAH. Now I'm even more nervous! I was only told no food or drink after midnight, and I go in tomorrow(7/7/04)!! Well here I go water only until midnight

Relax on your vaca, and good luck to you on the 19th!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register