I'm Home from the Castle - I Made it!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm Home from the Castle - I Made it!!!!!!!!! I'm Home from the Castle - I Made it!!!!!!!!!

Unread 04-20-2002, 06:42 PM
I'm Home from the Castle - I Made it!!!!!!!!!

Hello fellow sisters,
My surg was this past Thurs the 18th at 1 pm. All went very well. First time I didn't vomit post-op so that was a HUGE plus. He removed my cervix, uterus, left ovary/tube and right tube. Got to keep my right ovary yaa!!! He did say that he was anxious to show me a picture he took of my right tube which he said was bigger in circumference than a piece of kielbasa (gasp). Mentioned he never saw anything like that in 30 years - go figurre it had to be me.

Nurse Ratchet was on duty the first night so that was rough, other than that had great nurses and assistants. Took out the foley at 9 am the next day and I've been going like a racehorse. Morphine in the recovery room didn't work so well - I was given Dilaudid which did wonders and I stayed on during my entire stay at the castle.

I'm up and around and doing well. Only hard part is getting in and out of bed, but if you roll your legs over in a bent position first, it really helps. Did for me, anyway

I'm VERY glad it's over and the sisters are all correct, waiting was the hardest part - I had hoped I could come back and post those words and I do, and they are most sincere.

My prayers to the LIW and the punctured princesses for a speedy recovery
Lisa

PS I'll change my signature later.........I don't want to sit here too long as the pillow police are lurking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 06:44 PM

Lisa! My, doesn't your crown look pretty!

I'm glad you made it through the surgery A ok and please, rest, drink and walk, then rest some more. Come to the post-op board when you are ready. We will be waiting there for you!

Sara
Unread 04-20-2002, 06:45 PM

Welcome Lisa. Glad your castle stay went so well. It is nice to say, "The waiting is the hardest part." Take care of yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2002, 06:53 PM

Welcome home Now you are crowned royalty. I remember getting in and out of bed. You'll get the hang of it.

REst and take good care of yourself. Post when you can.
Unread 04-20-2002, 07:05 PM

Welcome home from the castle Lisa, you wear your crown so well !!!!

Now, please take care of yourself, try to be a good . Rest, rest and rest some more in between taking short walks and drinking lots of fluids.

It's good to have you home.

Paula
Unread 04-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Congratulations Lisa

Congratulations on your promotion to Princess!!!

I thank you for your IMMEDIATE post, as I am a LIW, and I for one appreciate you running away from the Pillow Police to let us know.

Again, welcome back,

Take Care and God Bless!!!
Unread 04-20-2002, 07:25 PM

LOL!

I agree with Catherine,

Us LIW definitely appreciate your eluding the pillow police long enough to let us know that things are ok and that the other side isn't as "dark and murky" and we may be imagining.

Soulful

soulful222@shaw.ca
Unread 04-20-2002, 07:31 PM
me too

another LIW that is.....glad to hear it went so well for you. I am trying hard to be brave.....scared to death....but gonna get there on Tuesday somehow , someway.

Please rest and when I get home we can chat on the post op board

cindy
Unread 04-20-2002, 09:12 PM

LISA!!

WONDERFUL to hear that you are newly crowned and doing well!! WOW about that rightt tube!!! Amazing! Be sure to tell us what you think after you see the pic.

Being new to the fact that I'm to follow in your footsteps, your story is JUST what I wanted to read!!! It helps put my mind to ease!

Thank you for sharing! Take care of yourself!!!
Joby
Unread 04-23-2002, 07:10 PM

Sindee,

I just read your post that you're going to the castle today. I hope that things go VERY well for you. You'll soon be on the other side as a newly crowned .

Now, take VERY good care of yourself, walk, drink plenty of liquids and REST, REST, REST and, guess what?, rest some more !!!!

I hope that you've been reading up on the posts regarding gas pains and BMs. It's chockfull of useful information on what to do.

Let us hear from you when you're ready to make contact again.

I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you and know how you feel. I'm just 7 weeks post-op yesterday and I can sympathize with you, but I was soooo ready to get this done and over with so that I could get on the road to recovery that I didn't worry too much about the after effects (pain) which, to my surprise, weren't anywhere near what I expected. The gas pains hurt worst than the actual operation.

Anyway, you're in my thoughts and prayers, even though you've already gone through surgery by the time of this posting.

We look forward to seeing you on the other side as a newly punctured .

Take care, we Love you !!

Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register