16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through this 16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through this

Unread 12-18-2010, 04:29 PM
16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through this

Unhappy - 16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through this 16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through this

I am 16 days post op of TVH due to grade 3 uterine prolapse, vag colpopexy, mid urethral sling to repair grade 3 cystocele and a grade 3 rectocele repair.
I was assured by both my PCM and OBGYN that since I kept both ovaries they would continue to function properly and I would have no adverse hormonal affects. WRONG. almost immediately after I began to feel extremely hormonal. I feel like I am losing my mind. I cannot stop crying and have never felt so depressed, alone and hopeless. My PCM wrote me an rx for ativan 1.0 mg every 4 hours that made absolutely no difference. Thursday 12/16 my GYN moved me up to 20 mg of valium every 8 hours that worked for the first 24 hours and now I'm back to uncontrollably crying. Yesterday 12/17 I had my FSH and estradiol levels drawn then started 2mg daily of estradiol until the labs results come in which she said should be by 12/27?!?! I am a military wife and we are stationed on a tiny island Kodiak Alaska. My PCM is here but my GYN as well as where I had my surgery are 275 air miles away in Anchorage Alaska so things move slow here. I am supposed to start back to work on monday 12/20 and I have NO idea how that is going to happen? But like I said, we are an enlisted active duty military family (believe it or not we don't make hardly enough to scrape buy) it's Christmas time and we really need my income. I'm young. Only just turned 29 and have no family around me for support. No friends who can relate b/c they are all still in the having baby stages of life. I feel lost and alone and to make a long story short..I WANT MY MOMMY and she or anyone else can't be here. The docs say they believe I am not menopausal but in hormonal/ovarian shock from the surgery and there's nothing I can do but let things normal out on their own. Someone please please tell me their is a light at the end of this tunnel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Re: 16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through thi

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. You are very early in your recovery. I promise you, it does get better! You just started the estradiol yesterday. It should kick in soon and will hopefully help you feel better.
I think that our emotions tend to run high during the holidays anyway without the added stress of the surgery.
I'm sending you a big
Take care.
Unread 12-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Re: 16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through thi

Thank you. I'm praying so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2010, 05:45 PM

Hang in there... it will get better for you. Your ovaries do go into shock after surgery & don't work at all. Do you have access to a compounding pharmacy? You might want to try some progesterone cream also, as your ovaries make progesterone, so when they're not working, you're not making any progesterone.

It will get better, but it's a slow process.. way too slow for most of us! Hang in there & take one day at a time... you've got lots of support here.
Unread 12-18-2010, 06:25 PM

It does get better but it takes time. Try to hang in there and find ways to help yourself. I am starting to learn that myself. It takes time but it does lessen with time. You may want a anti-depressant as well something in a low dose. Hope you feel better. Sending hugs
Unread 12-18-2010, 07:49 PM

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! Try to keep your spirits up... it's a slow process but it does get better. I am taking the Estradoil also and hoping it kicks in quickly. During my second week of recovery it was rough, but better this week. I was watching Biggest Loser and bawling! That was after yelling at my kids all day.. probably over nothing.. and then crying all night. It's been a week on the Estradoil and it is getting better.

Remember you have so many supportive people her pulling for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Unread 12-18-2010, 09:19 PM

Hey there...Not sure if this will adtually help at all, but I am 11 days post op and also 29 years old...had a TVH and kept my ovaries....I have been crying for no reason and had like no coping skills...I have been fortunate enough to be able to stay with my parents these last 11 days, but I go home tomorrow and all I can think is I want my mommy to come with me...My doc blew me off when I explained the crying and feeling so sad and almost hopeless...I do hope it gets better...From what I have read it sounds like the feelings we both have are 'normal' for right now and there is a light at the end of this black black tunnel...Keep your head up and please remember you are not alone...i am sending you BIG HUGS and well wishes...
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:07 PM
16 days post op Hormone/Ovarian Shock: not sure how I'm gonna make it through this

Consider yourself BLESSED to have a support system! It has been so rough! Thank God my gyn and family doc both listened to me and are takingy issues very seriously! It's a shame yours haven't! Please keep me updated on your recovery process. Send me a request or however you do on here! I have no clue how to navigate this page! I just really need to speak with someone going through this as well!!!!! Prayers and hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousinokc View Post
Hey there...Not sure if this will adtually help at all, but I am 11 days post op and also 29 years old...had a TVH and kept my ovaries....I have been crying for no reason and had like no coping skills...I have been fortunate enough to be able to stay with my parents these last 11 days, but I go home tomorrow and all I can think is I want my mommy to come with me...My doc blew me off when I explained the crying and feeling so sad and almost hopeless...I do hope it gets better...From what I have read it sounds like the feelings we both have are 'normal' for right now and there is a light at the end of this black black tunnel...Keep your head up and please remember you are not alone...i am sending you BIG HUGS and well wishes...
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:09 PM

We are stationed on a remote island in asks with the military but the progesterone cream is on it's way via expapidited shipping! Can't arrive soon enough!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexmas View Post
Hang in there... it will get better for you. Your ovaries do go into shock after surgery & don't work at all. Do you have access to a compounding pharmacy? You might want to try some progesterone cream also, as your ovaries make progesterone, so when they're not working, you're not making any progesterone.

It will get better, but it's a slow process.. way too slow for most of us! Hang in there & take one day at a time... you've got lots of support here.
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:17 AM

i am 23 days post op and had those same feelings at about 16 days, i just like you wanted my mommy and i am much older then you haha, the past few days i have begun to feel alot better and i have also been exercising lightly, stationary bike and that seems to help alot, best wishes and hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register