I'm so healthy."making problems? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm so healthy."making problems? I'm so healthy."making problems?

Unread 04-02-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm so healthy."making problems?

Hi to all...I am fairly new as you can see. I have posted a few things. I would really like some support here and encouragement. My surgery is 6 days away.

My delimenia is I am so healthy. The only real problem I have is the bladder. I am 45 and have had 7 children, so when I went for my 6 week baby check up I just had a baby 4 months ago. The doctor said. Did you know your uterus is a bit tilted?...I said no, but do you want to just take it out and do an A&P repair, cuz I am done.....just fix it all up....but I did need the ballder fixed....too much leakage.

So I also went to a Urologist and he is going to do the baldder at the same time.

seems like most of my pain will be from the A&P repair.

..but I have always had regular fine periods, no pain, no problems.great pregnancies, never a problem in 7, very fertile, healthy.

I want my bladder fixed...dribbling is a mess...

I'd like an A&P repair to make things tighter...why not?

Go ahead and do a VH, since your there and I won't have to worry about birthcontrol for the next 10, in my case maybe 15 yrs. I am way fertile...

I feel GUILTY.....because I am so healthy...and I am the one doing this...it's kinda selective a choice...

Can someone help me? I feel blessed with all good things...and now I feel I am going to "mess something up"????

This is nutty...but TRUE!!! Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 12:46 PM

you are not nutty i think it is totally normal to question it and have second thought i do i think oh this bleeding and pain is not that bad compared to some other stories i have heard on this site so maybe i don't really have to have a hyst maybe i am just being over dramatic. but then i think again and fo my situation yes i do need this done. i have a frien who was in your same situation and had her repairs done and a hyst at the same time last aug no real problems with her periods but magor leakage as you said and she is very happy with her results. i hope things work out with you. you will make the right decision for you
Unread 04-02-2004, 01:41 PM

You might want to compare how extensive the procedures are to just fix the bladder problem versues the bladder fix plus hyst, how long the comparative recovery times are etc.--I don't think you'd be able to lift that baby for several weeks after a hyst, and I don't know what the restrictions would be for just a bladder repair. A tubal ligation would also take care of your fertility issue.

Are you planning on keeping your ovaries if you get a hyst? Because if you aren't you have to think about hormones v. no hormones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 01:57 PM

Hmmm...I might reconsider my definition of healthy.

I'm relatively healthy. Fantastic blood pressure, great cholesterol and triglicerides, iron was good until the last couple of months, asthmas is mild and thyroid disease is under control for the moment with synthroid--only my reproductive organs were causing problems that we couldn't fix.

If your excretory system is malfunctioning, you might could get away with considering yourself healthy "except for"...

Might make your decision-making process a little easier.

Whatever you decide is exactly the right thing and we're on your side!
Unread 04-02-2004, 04:23 PM

Thank You all...I guess i am just one of those "natural type people". I have never had surgery and have had all those healthy pregnancies and deliveries.

True though I do have a bad bladder.....real bad...gotta FIX it!!

I am just getting close and getting nervous...However in a way rather excited to have it all fixed.

At my age, having a VH is better, besides it is a little "tilted", and the A&P repair is a good thing as well!!!
It is better than getting a BTL, since he is "there" anyways.

It was my idea to have it all done at once!!! Why not we're there anyways. I even asked him....anything else while we are down there??

I feel better though, thanks to all. This is a nice site and I am looking forward to sharing after as well. TY
Unread 04-02-2004, 05:15 PM

I would say if your Dr isn't telling you no, then obviously there is enough reason in his book to go ahead and do it. I have been having problems for a while, but am otherwise totally healthy, done having kids, and my Dr gave me the option. He said we could continue to try som less invasive treatments, or we can do this and fix alot of problems and POTENTIAL problems at once. Without hesitation I said "Do IT!!"

Ultimately the decision is yours. Ask your self this

Am I questioning this because I am afraid everyone will think that I just did this for the heck of it, not really needing it, even though I want to

or

Am I questioning this because I am really not sure it's the right thing to do.

It sounds to me that you yourself don't have a problem having it done, and if that's the case go with your first instinct and don't beat yourself up over it being semi-elective. Tummytucks are elective, and I know most people are glad they had it done.

JUst know that you have support here regardless!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register