Sad, scared and glad to find this site | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sad, scared and glad to find this site Sad, scared and glad to find this site

Unread 04-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Sad, scared and glad to find this site

I have just been added to a waiting list for hyster. I feel sort of glad to finally have an answer to all the problems I have been having for the last six years, but I have to say, I dont think I have ever been so emotional. It takes nothing to send me into a crying meltdown. I will be glad to get this overwith, but I realize it will take a long time for recovery.. I am glad to have found this website, as I dont have much of a support network, and it helps me to read what others are going through as well.

I can only hope that the emotional end of it gets a bit easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 03:49 PM

dear kaylon,
glad you found this site, and welcome to the hystersisterhood And, welcome to the emotional rollercoaster. Wish I could say, enjoy the ride...
This site has definitely been a bright spot. So many people who understand, who are supportive and sympathetic no matter where in this process you are. Good luck to you.
Lots of love
akita
Unread 04-02-2004, 04:00 PM

Dearest (((kaylon)))

Cry whenever you want to, sweetie. If I could reach through the phone line, I'd give you a kleenex and a .

Already today I've lost my temper (I got an email from my manager and I'm going to have to go to work tomorrow for a couple of hours--no, I'm not kidding), hollered in laughter with my younger child, and cried in the secret of the bathroom.

There in the UK, it seems like your wait time before surgery is longer than most of us in the US, but you get to stay in hospital longer.

Hang in there, and hang around here--everybody is on your side here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 04:01 PM

Hi Kaylon:
This support group is wonderful! It has calmed my fears and answered so many questions. A few months of recovery is better than years of pain...good luck -
...and you are going to be just fine!
Unread 04-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Hello!

I don't know if the emotions get any better - I am 2.5 weeks out, and pretty snappy & crabby with the dear darling DS & DD (redundant I know.) The pain is brutal - I am the one that keeps trying to make sure I don't take more than one or 2 vicodin a day so I don't end up like Rush Limbaugh!!

I do know this is one place you can come to and discuss anything - now matter how strange - and you will find so many sisters sharing exactly the same thoughts and problems. As much as families might try, it seems that the sisters really understand your feelings.

Good luck to you!! I have always wanted to travel to the UK.

DianeKF - I used to live in Agoura years ago!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register