Adeno questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adeno questions Adeno questions

Unread 04-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Adeno questions

Ugh. The past 2 1/2 days have been sheer misery. Are there any suggestions on how to make living with the pain any more comfortable, even if it's just an iota? I take hydrocodone only when necessary (just finished the 30 I got in January) and I cling for life to a heating pad. I also take hot baths which helps when the pain is not at its worst...but when it's at its worst I can't sit comfortably in the tub. When I talk about discomfort, I actually mean excruciating pain, which I'm sure you know if you have or have had this condition.

Any tips or tricks to help make these spells more bearable?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Adeno questions

I wish I had more help for you, but I hope someone who has dealt with adeno can come along and shed some more light on this subject for you.

If it's so painful you can't even sit up, it sounds to me like you need some sort of treatment!

Does your doctor have any suggestions? Maybe there is some sort of medication or treatment he/she can prescribe which would be a help. One thing I can tell you is to be careful with the heating pad... you can overdo it. I wish I could be of more help.

Unread 04-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Adeno questions

Thanks for your reply. I'm having the hysterectomy May 23. Other than that I don't know if there's anything. I feel much better today. Maybe I won't have any more spells before the surgery....I hope this last one was it!

I'm sure I overdo it with the heating pad. I always have red streaks on my skin for a week or so after I stop using it. My husband is always worried they won't go away, but they always do!

Thanks again for your reply. It'll all be over soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Adeno questions

I'm not sure about your condition, however pain in general is easier to prevent than to stop. Maybe taking the meds at the first sign of potential pain (again, not sure how your condition works, but this seems to help with my migrains that are cycle induced).
Unread 04-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Adeno questions

Hi ,

I had adeno, and can totally relate. I was having labor like pains more often than not during any given month. I found that muscle relaxants and anti-inflamatories worked better than pain meds. My Dr explained that my uterus was trying to expel what was growing within its walls.

Ask your Dr about that option.

S,
Kay
Unread 04-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Adeno questions

Adenomore,
soryy you have had a rough few days. Just after I decided to have my LSH my uterus went into revolt. I don't like to take heavy duty pain meds so I usually just take about 800 mg ibuprofen and try to sleep. I find it amazing that I can be fine one second and then whamo and be double over. My Dr. suspects adeno and when I asked him why I was cramping approx. 24 plus days a month he said I was basically in labor all month. I wish I had a better solution to offer, but hang in there you day will soon be here. I cant believe my time is just about here.
I will keep you in my prayers and hopefully it will ease up a bit for you.
Unread 04-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Adeno questions

Oh boy I can relate to what you are going through. It honestly feel like I have contractions all month long. I hope that you are feeling better today. My thoughts are with you! Hopefully it will be all over soon!!
Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register