problems with bladder since leaving the castle, anyone else have to self cath? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

problems with bladder since leaving the castle, anyone else have to self cath? problems with bladder since leaving the castle, anyone else have to self cath?

Unread 07-13-2006, 09:24 AM
problems with bladder since leaving the castle, anyone else have to self cath?

HI, I had a tah on June 27 th,everything out, I am feeling great, my only complaint is I was sent home with a catheter kit that I have to insert every 4 hours to completley empty my bladder and I was wondering if anyone elese has or had to do this. I can go a little on my own and I drink and drink but I still have to cath myself and honestly it is becoming a pain!My doctor said this is due to some nerves being severed during surgery and I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, I have been doing this for 16 long days now and wonder if I will ever be back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2006, 09:29 AM

hi i had to have a cath in for 12 days after my hyst all i had to do was empty the bag,it was a pain and it hurt so much. I sympathise with you. The doctor nicked my bladder in surgery. take care....... tracey
Unread 07-13-2006, 09:33 AM

in a way i kinda wish they would have left the catheter in I think, I am afraid I am going to get a bladder infection and I definitely dont want or need that! I am glad things are back to normal for you. they are back to normal arent they?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2006, 10:21 PM

I had a catheter in for 7 days post-op. A very painful and distressing situation. I hope your bladder heals quickly; you must take care to place your catheter in an aseptic and atramatic manner- you DO NOT want to get an infection. Make sure the catheter is cultured to be sure you have not contracted an infection in your bladder. Now that my catheter is out, I am proceeding uneventfully with my recovery. I feel so much better. I will pray for you, sister.
Unread 07-14-2006, 11:06 AM

Prairiewind-
Thank you so much for your prayers, I am making sure all is clean and sterile before cathing, you are right i DONT want an infection! I am actually only having to use the catheter in the morning and at night now, yesterday was a good day, up and down the stairs alot to run to the potty but at least I am going on my qwn, yeah! hopefully in a few more days I wont need it at all!I am glad you are having an uneventful recovery and hope it continues that way for you. rrest and take care of yourself.
Zoey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register