Shout out to the 4 week princesses! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shout out to the 4 week princesses! Shout out to the 4 week princesses!

Unread 12-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Shout out to the 4 week princesses!

I can't believe how soon some of you go back to work! I went for my 4 week check Tuesday and feel like I am doing really well but I certainly don't feel like I can go back to work! I always feel like a need a nap after 3-4 hours after being up and about. Doc said I could go back when I felt like it (so I thought I would just go after Christmas since I teach and there would only be another week and a half of school after my 6 weeks) but then on my medical leave form he wrote 12/11 as the date to return-I just want to cry!!! It doesn't help at all that my mom just passed away yesterday either! I just don't know if I can handle it. Do you think I can ask him to change the date on the form?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2006, 09:05 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I would definitely call the doctor and ask him to change the form. Explain to him what you do and the energy it requires. The stress of your mother passing will have an impact on your body's ability to recover.
Unread 12-01-2006, 10:49 AM

Zoe07 I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. The doctor should have no problem giving you medication. If your ob/gyn won't try your family doc.
I had to go to my family doc today cause my ob/gyn told me to check with him too. I have had a headache for a week straight now and part of my tougue is numb and now its moved to my lower lip too. My family doc asked if I have changed anything in my life since the surgery and I said the only thing that has changed is the hrt. This is the 3rd different one since Nov 2nd. I am taking migraine medication but as soon as that wears off the headache is banging again. The nurse at my ob/gyn said I should just go to the ER, for what to sit there for hours and be sent home anyway? I have no idea what I'm going to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2006, 02:36 PM

I'm so sorry, Zoe! My heart goes out to you. Yes, ask for an extension. You need the time.

Lena
Unread 12-02-2006, 07:27 AM

Hugs, Zoe!

Ok, as for the 4 weekers, I felt so good the first 4 weeks. THis week I don't know if I did too much, but I hurt, a lot. I have been a couch potato as much as my kids would allow (DH is away on a trip). I feel like I took a few huge steps backward. Is regressing a bit normal? My incisions have healed nicely. I was having little or no pain for probably 2 weeks and then wham!

carrie
Unread 12-02-2006, 12:40 PM

Thanks Ladies. Sometimes I'm just not sure what I would do w/o you all. (Don't you just love being a woman?! Even with this whole hysterectomy thing!) I did ask for an extension-the nurse was cold and insensitive, saying that they couldn't do that w/o it being a medical necessity or it would be fraud! Um, excuse me, but I think major surgery, anemia, etc. does constitute medical necessity especially when emotional stress is added on to it! I was not very happy with her and told her to ask the doctor and call me back. Well, he (obviously being more understanding than her!) had no problem giving me 2 more weeks.
So, thanks again for your thoughts and support(oh no, here I go crying again-why do kind people make me cry?)
Unread 12-02-2006, 10:25 PM

Carrie- Yes, this is the time when we tend to over do it, and we pay dearly for out enthusiasm. I just spent the evening in the recliner with ice on my belly for a tiny bit too much shopping in my favorite office supply store.

Zoe, crying because of kindness is the best reason to cry, isn't it? Just pass on the kindness to the next Sister who needs it.

Lena

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register