Incision Tenderness and Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision Tenderness and Pain Incision Tenderness and Pain

Unread 04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Incision Tenderness and Pain

Hi everyone! I had a Da Vinci complete hysterectomy on March 21 and one of my incisions are hurting. I have not had any problems with this one at all. My belly button incision opened up a week after surgery and became infected so they had to leave it open. Now that one is healing great and no longer hurts but the one on my left side is tender to the touch and hurts when I sit up too much. Does this sound normal to anyone? There is no bruising or anything around it. It just started hurting. I noticed it when I sat up too far and then I touched it and it is very tender. Not warm to the touch or anything either. So I am almost 4 weeks post op and hoping you ladies can shed some light on this subject so I can sleep better tonight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Re: Incision Tenderness and Pain

I had a supracervical laproscopic hysterectomy on March 27th.
I also had by fallopian tubes removed and my ovaries removed. had adenomyosis.
I have slight pain where the incision is, on the left side. I have had the pain since surgery. it comes and goes. it is not bad, but can be annoying. I try to sit differently,to aleveate the discomfort. It sometimes helps. hoping that in time it will go away.I count the weeks of recovery. tenderness is also there. It is definitely takes time for all the aches and pains to go away. The recovery period is a slow one. In the long run, well worth it.
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM

Hi! Were you active, or pushing/pulling anything? My incisions would throb and hurt when I tried to do to much (vacuum...NO, NO) or sit up right for a while between weeks 4-6. Hope you're feeling better soon!!! Sending HUGS! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Thanks ladies. I have not done anything out of the ordinary. I am on constant watch because I also have some type of seizure disorder that makes me pass out at the drop of a hat. Currently trying to get into neuro for that problem but I have to be careful I do not do much because I could pass out from standing and do damage to the surgical site. I have already done that once and passed out on my side on a hardwood floor. That was a trip to the ER but did not do any damage thankfully. I have not done any stretching or anything that would have caused this so I am hoping it is just from healing since I am this far into the recovery time. I will call my doc if it is still there in the morning though. Thanks for your help though!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register