Pt. Rep and encouragements from all of you | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pt. Rep and encouragements from all of you Pt. Rep and encouragements from all of you

Unread 01-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Pt. Rep and encouragements from all of you

Hi- I'm 50 and scheduled for D/C and possible TVH on 1/30- this will probably happen in all likelihood- due to bleeding and fibroids, and on and on. I had a tubal ligation 20 years ago- and a bad experience with the anesthesia. So besides my pre-op which is scheduled for 1/24 I called the Patient Rep at my castle. All castles in Colorado have these on board and they are usually present in most accredited hospitals throughout the US.

Anyway, the Patient Rep contacted me within 1 working day and had the Recovery Room nursing supe speak to me- She was extremely reassuring- plus I have a name. Further, the supervisor
had one of the anesthesologists from the team of docs that will be doing this. He spent about 15-20 minutes with me on the phone answering my questions- going over my anxieties, and he helped me sort out my options. He also stated he would be try to be the anesthesiologist assigned to my surgery. He encouraged me to bring a walkman with meditative tapes/cds- my favorites are eco-sounds put to music, classic guitar to music and also Hawaiian slack key guitar instrumentals. He promised to work with about healing messages while I'm under.

This may or may not be option for those of us who are waiting- as time and hospital resources to do this extra customer service are not always available- but I thought I'd share how this helped me 'get my head together.'

Then, thank you to all of you for your suggestions about preparations- I'm getting appointments for manicure, pedicure,
hair cut and I plan to color my hair before. Plus I used both the lists of questions to set up my own list and the list of items to purchase to determine what my needs were. I never would have thought of all these things.

Then, a dear friend of mine lent me a mediative tape with Beverly La Haye, plus I'm meeting with the parish priest privately a couple of days before surgery for the Sacrament of the Sick.

Last, I very much want to try the compounding hormones- well once again- the hormone jungle helped me. I found a local pharmacy and the pharmacist spent time with me helping me to
figure out what to ask my doctor for with regard to hormones- plus he gave me a very informative book on the subject.

I'm learning to ask for help- my husband's parents (God love them) will be coming to town to help us both- my dad is in intensive care- broken hip and complications to include renal failure-dialysis, plus a pacemaker procedure- this all started with a trip the day after Xmas- and he had to be flown back to Colorado by Flight-for-Life.
My mom is under the gun- so my dh is shouldering his fair share of my support- so thank you in-laws.

And I'm a cooking, cleaning machine- let's not even talk about work and my 'nesting' there.

And all because you ladies- have helped me sort out the options, answer my questions- and get the information I need.
Thanks to all of you I'm actually not 'plastered' on the ceiling by by nails yet- but I'll be writing again- probaby as my anxiety climbs- the closer we get to D Day 1/30.
With all the extra stress of my parents' situation this has been a bit trying- so again- you've helped me keep it together.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. CIK :HUG:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2002, 02:11 PM

Hi There!

WOW! It sounds like you have got it together very very well! Good for you! You appear to have done tireless research and have become your own advocate for this 'project'.

Just wanted to come in and tip my hat to you and wish you the very best! I do hope you continue to post as your journey progresses; we have the support to offer, as you have found, and we always welcome the experience you will soon have to share with your fellow sisters!

s,
Unread 01-17-2002, 06:47 PM

Hi CK! I'm so happy that we have helped you in some small way! Wow! That healing massage thing sounds wonderful. Will he do that while you are having surgery? Sounds like they do things very nicely there. I have just heard about the meditative tapes and how they help with recovery. I wasn't aware of that when I had my surgery in August. I just know you're going to do great with these extra helps!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, CK!

Sherry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register