I am having trouble being on my feet 2weeks now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am having trouble being on my feet 2weeks now I am having trouble being on my feet 2weeks now

Unread 10-27-2007, 10:16 AM
I am having trouble being on my feet 2weeks now

Its been two weeks since my vaginal hyster. I am titred I know thats expected. But I can hardly stand for too long. It causes pain. Is this normal. Feeling kinda discouraged.....helpppppppppppppp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher29
Its been two weeks since my vaginal hyster. I am titred I know thats expected. But I can hardly stand for too long. It causes pain. Is this normal. Feeling kinda discouraged.....helpppppppppppppp
I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Maybe a call to your doctor will ease your mind. I didn't have a vaginal hyst but I had the same problems at 2 weeks. Just try to rest it will get better.

Janelle
Unread 10-27-2007, 11:48 AM

I'm at 2 weeks, abdominal, and stood on my feet for awhile yesterday, while trying to work on a project... spent most of the day in bed as a result. I don't think you're abnormal, it's only been 2 weeks for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 01:06 PM

Hi Beacher
I'm sorry you're feeling so tough. I think this is a case where we are all different. I was just like you. I didn't really leave the house for two weeks because I just didn't have the energy and it made me hurt.

For me it was the combination of anemia and all I had done. Standing or sitting for very long at a time made me hurt. I had to pace myself and really listen to my body so as not to over do. There are so many things that could be going on I would also recommend that you ask your dr about this, just to make sure there isn't something more that needs to have attention so you can get to feeling better. I just wanted you to know it can be perfectly normal too.

Please call and ask, then let us know what you find out.
's, Rita
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:13 PM

At 2 weeks I was feeling pretty good but I did get tired very quickly, and could't stand a long time either or I would get very uncomfortable....

But by all means if you have any doubts call you DR....

Good Luck in the rest of your recovery !!!!
Unread 10-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Sorry for your discomfort. I am almost at two weeks(TVG and some additional repair work) and do not have much energy. I only have mild discomfort some of the time. The other day I ended up with chills and a fever from a UTI and I think that has made me more tired. It might be a good idea to check with your doctor. Good luck!
Unread 10-27-2007, 08:45 PM

Sorry to hear you're feeling the way you are, but know that you're not alone. I'm 3 weeks post-op from a TAH/BSO and I'm still finding it quite difficult to walk. When I am on my feet, the pain gets worse...the longer I'm on my feet, the worse the pain gets. I make sure to get out of bed and walk several times a day, so it isn't from lack of doing so. I still am only walking at a shuffle also. Well, technically I've upgraded to slightly faster than a shuffle when I first start, but as soon as I've been on my feet for even just a few minutes...I'm right back to walking/shuffling like an 80 year old man wearing a full diaper!!!!!! I am a million times better than I was in the hospital, or my first week home (couldn't do anything unassisted), but I'm not by any means well. I still have to rely on pain meds, and even still...I'm still in constant pain. I've been seen by my doctor weekly though, and according to her, this is all normal. Unfortunately, some women just heal much slower than others, and I just happened to fall in that category. And yes, I'm still exhausted all the time as well. Any how, my spirits believe it or not are still high (even having this laptop on me for the length of time it's taken just to type this has caused the pain to really increase already)...I'm confident that once I'm finally through this healing process I'll feel like a new woman, so I'm willing to endure what I have to in order to get there! Best of luck; I hope you're feeling better soon!!!
Unread 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM

Thanks to all of you who responded to me. Im not sure how to write back. Hope you all get this message. Got around a little better today. I guess everyday makes a differance. God bless
Unread 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM

Glad to hear your felt a little better today....

Before you know it you will be having more good days than bad and you'll feel as these last few days were such a long time ago...

Please remember when you do feel good not to over do it, I know first hand it is awful easy to do that...

Everyone Take Care....
Unread 10-29-2007, 04:34 AM

Sleep. Sleep a lot. When are you ever going to have such a good excuse again?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register