i didn't listen.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i didn't listen.... i didn't listen....

Unread 10-28-2009, 09:21 PM
i didn't listen....

today is 5wks post op and just don't know what to do anymore.. i am tired of waiting on things and that usually bites me in the butt, and today is no exception... had alittle bit of "play time" with a lil bit of penetration and now i am passing bright red blood/clots... it's only when i pee, but when i say bright red, i mean period bright red.... and my hooha is somewhat sore. play time didn't last long bc the instant i gasped we stopped, but i think the damage was done with that gasp... anyone else have this happen the first time??

i know i should have listened (i haven't been released for sex by dr yet) but ... well, there's no "excuse" but until that one "jab" it was fine....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Re: i didn't listen.... my hooha says oohhh ahhh

Um haven't had that problem (I am single and not dating anyone) but if I were you I would call the doctor. Passing clots is not good AND you are not the only patient who has had sex before they were released.
Unread 10-28-2009, 09:36 PM

Hi...you need to let your doctor know. Having sex too early can cause infection.....take care~ lala
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2009, 10:19 PM

Please let your doctor know, mine is extremely firm with me in telling me that there is absolutely no sex until I am fully cleared by him and that might even be longer than 6 weeks, it all depends on healing and how things look. So it sounds like you were not healed and might have caused a problem
Unread 10-28-2009, 10:33 PM

Definately contact your doctor. Recently there have been a few other ladies who have posted a scenerio close to this. I think one had to have a surgery to repair some type of damage, I'm thinking the vaginal cuff. I feel for you though with the waiting, I'm goin on 4 months post op, have 1/2 a vagina. But if things go right, I might be celebrting the New Years just right! I do hope though you are ok and there is no damag. Please call the doctor first thing in the morning. Hopefully it is nothing.
Unread 10-29-2009, 05:35 AM

thanks ladies.... i did have the vag cuff done as Dr took everything except my ovaries (i even double checked this w/ him last week at my post op).... it's not as bad this morning... just a lil bit of red "clots" but that could be in part to the gel i have to insert every night before bed bc he said there was some inflamation inside.... but i am still going to call him just to make sure i didn't tear the cuff or anything.... i was hoping not to have to call as my dr will absolutely get onto me (he even does the finger wag, lol)...

i will let yall know what the dr says this evening.... thanks again sisters!
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:42 AM

oh please call. I did the same thing but at 4 weeks post op and I caused my vaginal cuff to get infected. It is always best to be safe.
~hugs~
Unread 10-29-2009, 08:58 AM

i called the dr and the nurse told me to take it as easy as i can (limit walking, etc) and not to do that again... "there's a good reason he said no sex".... she is going to mention it to my dr to be safe and if he says he wants to see me before my appt in 2wks she will call me back. i am to continue my nightly meds and "absolutely no intercourse". she did say "i know you don't want to hear this, but you may have increased the time it takes for him to release you by jumping the gun"... i said that was fine bc i'm not doing that again until the dr says i can... lol

she did say if the pain gets "unbearable" or the bleeding continues/gets worse or starts to flow other than when i am going to the bathroom to call them back... so now i am going to not do that again and try to relax as much as i can while at work (altho the boss seems to think i should be back in the swing of things after only being back at my desk 2-1/2 days).... thanks again ladies for the responses, thoughts and prayers... it's good to know i can come here and not worry about what i say...

tink
Unread 10-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Re: i didn't listen....

I wish you the best. I am 5 weeks post op today from a TVH (kept ovaries)...my 6 week post op is next week. My Dr had already told me that with the cuff it is a minimum 7 week wait to be cleared for sex and no way are my hubby and I going to mess with those orders...i want to be fully healed. I have had such a yukky recovery anyways. I am still spotting so I bet we have to wait another 4-5 weeks at least. I wish I had kept my cervix cuz I hate this cuff healing thing! Spotting, no spotting, spotting...yikes!

Good luck!
Unread 10-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Re: i didn't listen....

What a relief to hear! Take it easy and kick those feet up and relax. I know the waiting is hard.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register