yipeee | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-16-2005, 05:50 PM
yipeee

i walked down to asda today, very slowly, taking fairy steps and holding on to DH. god it felt good seeing the world is still there, never thought id get so excited bout walking down to a supermarket. took us an hour and half to get there and fill a trolly , i didnt lift a finger i just walked,then got a taxi back(DH doesnt drive!)was totaly nazzed when got home so had a snooze while DH cooked sunday lunch which was soooo good i ate far too much and had to have another nap!!! which is why im wide awake and rest of family are fast asleep!!!!! just had to share with you all, im feeling so much better today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 05:59 PM
yipeee

So glad you're feeling better. I went to church today for the first time since my surgery. Also went out to eat and the supermarket before we came home. My DH pushed the buggy, loaded everything in it, and checked us out. I came home and stayed outside for a while. The weather was beautiful! Hoping you continue to feel good. I love the fairy steps!
Unread 10-16-2005, 06:09 PM
yipeee

thanks lucylocket, ive just realised we had our op on same day,sure feels good to get some fresh air at last, i had a walk round my garden yesterday we have some lovely scented wild roses at the bottom of it, a little piece of heaven on earth. hope your recovery keeps on track.X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 08:25 PM
yipeee

It's really true, isn't it -- life's simple pleasures ARE the best. A walk outside, a great meal.... not to mention a wonderful .

Glad to hear you had a wonderful day. I wish you many more to come, . You've earned this!
Unread 10-17-2005, 12:25 AM
yipeee

I know what you mean about being out to see the world. I went the grocery store just 3 days after surgery with my sister. Like you, walked slowly and didn't lift a thing, but it was good to be out. And like you came home and took a nap while my sister and my son dealt with putting everything away. I'm just 4 weeks now and bit the bullet Friday and went to Filene's by myself to go bra shopping. I just walked at my own pace and watched the world around me. I slept well that night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register