Tired-3 months out....ughhh. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tired-3 months out....ughhh. Tired-3 months out....ughhh.

Unread 09-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Tired-3 months out....ughhh.

Hi Ladies,
I had my hyster. and TT on June 21st. Had the usual issues that passed and was feeling great at 4 weeks.
In the past month though, I have been dead tired, and it is driving me nuts!
My eyes want to shut and take a nap in themiddle of the day, and if I'm not in bed by 9PM-you have to peel me off the floor. I am forcing myself to stay upto write this right now...
I take vitamins-Multiw iron-B complexes, Ester Cplus calcium, and some fish oil things-I don't know if its stress(son just turned 16 and is driving and is rarely home now it seems...worry about him on the road!
OR if it is normal for this to be happenning.
I did keep my ovaries...help anyone!!!
I'm going to bed...........
Sincerely,
Wendy in Memphis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2006, 09:04 PM

I'm having the same problem. I started taking a multi-vitamin hoping that would give me more energy. I have a very active job and a six and a seven year old that take all of my energies in the evening. I'm wondering if it is tied to the hysterectomy or just getting old! (49)
Unread 09-30-2006, 09:58 PM

I was just reading information on another website about the fatigue lasting many months during the internal healing process.. during the different stages of tissue healing. It sounds like a reasonable explanation that as new tissue replaces old, it will seem like there's a step backwards in recovery as far as the way we're feeling. I'm at 2 months post-op and just beginning to feel like I have energy. But I'm reminded really quickly when I've done too much and I need to sit down. It happened earlier today at the bookstore!! I couldn't find a chair fast enough.

Best Wishes!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2006, 10:06 PM

I am at 3 months also, some days it seems like yesterday and some it seems like a life time ago. I too have times that i am more fatigued than others, your doctor may have a solution? I think mine is the HRT and adjustments etc..
Unread 10-01-2006, 04:18 PM

count me in. I had a hectic day at work Friday and then tried to go to a high school football game Fri night. I ended up spending most of this weekend in bed. I keep thinking I'm going to bounce back but it's not happening. My dr wants me to have a thyroid check and if that's not it, then we will look at hormones.

I keep hoping this will pass and I'll wake up feeling like my old self but it's not happening....
Unread 10-01-2006, 05:35 PM

ditto, ditto!! Back at work since September 5 and I am exhausted all the time. Can't wait to get my energy back!!
Unread 10-01-2006, 06:15 PM

I am 11 weeks now & I no longer feel that heavy exhaustion I felt for the first 5 weeks, but I do tire so much easier now than I did prior to surgery. On the days I work, I'm whipped. It is improving though. I notice the tiredness is slowly diminishing as time passes. I, too, can't wait to get my energy back.

------------------------------
LSH kept ovaries & cervix
Unread 10-01-2006, 07:59 PM

Hi Ladies!

I did take a dipenhydramine pill last night and slept longer and better than I have in quite sometime...and I'm not as tired today as I had been for the last couple of weeks. Maybe I just need more sleep, but my problem as of lately( and again, this may be stress related) is that I have been waking up earlier than usual, and then just staying up 'cause I can't go back to sleep and I have to get up in a couple of hours anyway, so why bother! I've been getting up all hours of the night and I think that has a lot top do w/ it on one hand, but on the other, I have been trying to supplement getting up too early w/ going to bed earlier so that I get 'enough' sleep. I'm probably all out of whack and just need to be whacked back into 'normal', whatever that is.
I exercise regularly, eat pretty darn healthy, love life----so I'm thinking its the new stress in my life of my son and his 'growing' up all the sudden and away from me, and his new school and all that is involved w/ that, and me having less and less to do(other than the never ending house work) to feel important and needed...hmmmmm.
I think I need a new lease on life...anyway-enough rambling for now.
Thanks ladies for listening and for your ever loving input! I will keep looking for answers and I will keep reading your posts!
Unread 10-01-2006, 09:46 PM

Hate to say it but I will. It's not just 3 months, it's 4 months for me. I have been back to work since week 5. I'm now going on over 4 months and most days am still very tired. I've heard it takes up to a year for all the internal stuff to be healed and working fine. I don't know why but even my mother said it just today. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I've been going to the gym and doing the treadmill a couple nights a week. Even then, I have to take Advil and sleep like a log. It's like I can never catch up. I don't know what we can do to speed up the process.
Unread 10-01-2006, 11:01 PM

Count me in as well. I am 9 wks post-op and I still tire very easily. I didn't get out of bed until 2 pm earlier today and I went to bed around 11 pm the night before. Granted, live is very hectic with 3 kids and all the stuff that goes on in my life, but I have a friend who had her hysterectomy at age 38 and now 16 yrs. later, she says that is the only thing that she is STILL dealing with. I hope to think this isn't what I have to look forward to... I'm 31.

*yawning* and thinking maybe I should try to go to bed. Insomnia isn't very nice either at times.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register