Am i over-doing it? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am i over-doing it? Am i over-doing it?

Unread 04-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Am i over-doing it?

I'm suddenly a bit worried that I am over-doing it. I am 8 days post-op from an abdominal (only took uterus - for HUGE fibroid) and MD has assured me that I am healing very very well. He also assured me that I could walk my 2 miles a day if I feel like it (I did today) and I can drive already - but I just read a blog about the internal healing that is needed and I seem to be WAY ahead of the game here.
Ladies, ... Should I be concerned about my MD telling me that I am doing great and to move as much as I'd like, already? Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Re: Am i over-doing it?

We all heal at different rates. My opinion is if you're feeling okay and your doctor thinks you're doing fine you shouldn't worry. Lots of ladies have great recoveries, but you don't see many of them here because they really don't need a hysterectomy support site.

Listen to your doctor and to your body. If it hurts, don't do it. If you take on a new activity, go slowly and be sure to rest when you're tired.

I'm happy to hear that you're doing so well.
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:12 PM

I felt great after my tah but my Dr did not release me to work out until week 4 and he said I could start walking the tread mill . I was in good shape prior to surgery .I really think your body need to heal tah is major surgery .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2009, 07:17 PM

My doctor said walking as I felt up to was good but NO LIFTING!!! I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and doing great. Walking up to 5 miles.
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:40 PM

I just replied to your other post about rest being overkill. I hope you take care of yourself! This was major surgery. To me it's just not worth risking. I had someone tell me she started bleeding just from setting the table 2 weeks post-op. I'm sure that's more extreme than normal, but I still think the warnings to take it slow are worth listening to! I did a lot of walking in the hospital because I couldn't pass gas, so I was trying to get things moving. When I was walking it was fine, but then I was sore and tired later. And hey, if I can get out of housework for a while, I'm all for it!
Unread 04-22-2009, 09:36 PM

Thanks Catherine! I appreciate your fast response. I agree, our bodies speak and we should listen.
Best to you!
Sharon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register