TAH pain after my 1st post op exam | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain after my 1st post op exam pain after my 1st post op exam

Unread 03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
pain after my 1st post op exam

Hi Everyone. I am hoping someone could give me answers. I had a TAH on 2-24-11, and was suppose to have my 6 week check up 4-7. But i had to call the doctor due to extremely itchy chaffing skin so he had me come in on 3-29 and went ahead and did my exam. Well its the next day and I am more sore then I was the first week. Back pain, stomach pressure, pain while coughing or laughing. I have even had a little pain and alot of pressure while going to the restroom (sorry if to much info). I have had a pretty easy recovery up until now, only used pain medicine 2 times a day for the first week when i got out of the hospital. Nothing out of the ordinary from what i have read on here. So my question is have I just been lucky up until now and what is happening now is normal? Or did he do my exam to early and mess something up? I have a great doctor but I am really nervous. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Re: pain after my 1st post op exam

My surgery was 2/25-TAH(kept cervix).pain was minimal and i never took pain med after 2nd day.If I do not use stool softner-big problems and pain.Had follow up visit 2wks after and no pelvic exam.I had severe bruising and itching-lotion on belly and a heating pad helped.My back started hurting wk 4 and once i started doing some stretches,pelvic tilts and walking more it eased up.
We're still healing and I am learning every day is different.Week 5 is best yet-but i am being careful not to over do it!
Hope you feel better tomorrow!
Unread 03-30-2011, 11:34 PM

i had horrible swelling at week four and i felt worse than i did the previous 3 weeks, it just takes time, i had some sort of pain until 3 months out BUT if you aren't feeling better in a few days i would call again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2011, 08:18 AM

Thank you both! I am feeling a little better today. I'm so ready to get back to my everyday life, that big of set back in one day made me nervous. But I am so glad I found this site and my fellow HysterSisters!
Unread 03-31-2011, 08:32 AM

Glad you feel better.I don't find myself needing afternoon naps now-and am sleeping thru the night.That makes a difference!
Just don't over do it and you'll keep improving-we are lucky to be doing so well!
take care
leoslion

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register