Any 4 months post ops out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any 4 months post ops out there? Any 4 months post ops out there?

Unread 09-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Any 4 months post ops out there?

Mentally I feel great but physically I can feel quite exhausted at times. My tummy is still swollen (or is that too much beer?). It still hurts and feels very sensitive. Any one else feel the same??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
8 month post op

I had my hysterectomy in January of this year, and like you I feel great mentally and physically, the best thing i have ever had done. Great having flat tummy and lost 2.5 stone, never felt so great. Sometimes though it is hard to accept that this was done for the right reasons and that I am still a 'woman', and not a freak. No doubt this will disappear and I will feel attractive again, although my husband syas that I look fantastic...
I am not taking HRT and have no intention to do so but sometimes think I need something to give me a boost.
Keep smiling
Assessor 1960
Unread 09-13-2005, 03:36 PM

I am also at 4 months and feel very good. I went thru a rough patch about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago. I was very depressed and couldn't sleep. But now I take Lexapro and something for sleep. So that improved things alot for me.
However I still have ONE unresolved issue. From week 2 I have had an annoying pain right at the hairline where your groin meets your abs. It's not as bad as it was at 2 weeks but it hurts sometimes when I sit like I am "crushing" something. I am taking some Cipro incase it is some kind of bladder infection that isn't showing up. But I do have a CT scan scheduled for this Thursday.
Still I feel better and better all the time. And I'm glad I did this now instead of waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2005, 03:53 PM

I had my surgery on the same day you did Roxyviva! And a swollen belly is one of my main complaints...it's also very tender to touch. I thought it was all operation related, but my Obgyn thinks that I have intestinal issues causing the bloating / swelling? Good luck...I thought my tummy would be flat again by now as well!
Unread 09-13-2005, 04:30 PM

I'm just about to hit my 4 month mark. Somedays are better than others mentally and physically. I'm still trying to get my HRT balanced. Not sure if that's whats been causing my headaches or if my migraines are starting to act up. Somedays I feel very parinoid as well. I miss my I don't give a **** attitude. I still have pains every now and again. My doc has suggested that I get a colonoscopy to rule out Crohns. At 5 weeks I fought a horrible infection and colitis that landed me back in the hospital for 5 days. Most days I feel like I'm about 75%- looking forward to feeling 110%

Here's to better days,
Leslie
Unread 09-13-2005, 04:42 PM

I am right at the 4 month oint also. I have done quite well except for the fatigue. Some days I don't think I will make it all day without a nap. I force myself not to have a nap so I can sleep at night. My scar has healed quite nicely and I feel great. I have stopped taking the Lexapro that I was on for 2 years, and I do not miss the 23 day periods.
Unread 09-13-2005, 06:26 PM

I am almost at 4 months also. I am doing good now. I get a little tired sometimes but not often--that could be an age thing too at 53. My stomach is a little sore if I lay on it or try to lay on the big balance balls at the gym ,otherwise it doesn't hurt. Do have a twinge every once in a while on my right side. My only issue was the horrible hot flashes that started at 1 1/2 weeks out.I tried "natural herbs" for 9 weeks with absolutely no relieve. Finally gave into HRT Climara, within 5 days they had abated by about 50 %, now I only get them about 30% of the time and they are very bearable. Maybe if they don't all go away I can change the dose. But all in all compared to what we went through before surgery life is a piece of cake!!! better some hot flashes than constant cramps and bleeding!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi!!!

I am glad to here you all are doing well, I for the most part am doing very well, by 9:00 pm I am completely wiped. I am still having as much trouble with my bowels as prior to the surgery if not worse. But that is better then all the pain i was in.
Unread 09-14-2005, 10:57 AM

Thank you for your messages. It's good to know how others feel at the same stage. Let's get together again at 5 months! Best wishes.
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:48 PM

Hi Roxy
I had my surgery the same day as you..May 9th 2005 !! I too am still have discomfort in the Incision area. I also still have the wonderful swelly belly too !!
I saw my doc this past monday because he just wanted to make sure the discomfort wasn't comming from my cervix and or my bladder...It is just the insision area. It hurt like you no what when he pressed on it !! MY GOD !!
He said you just have to relize that this was a major surgery and it could take up to a year for the discomfort to go away !! He said if it gets worse he would do cortizone shots in the area to relive the discomfort. I would rather deal with this discomfort then deal with that..
A couple Cosmopalitans will help just fine !!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register