Rescheduled for Insurance Issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rescheduled for Insurance Issues Rescheduled for Insurance Issues

Unread 02-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Rescheduled for Insurance Issues

Grrrrr, I can be thankful that my reschedule is only for a few days past what my previous scheduled date for surgery was... but, I'm still a bit mad.

My dr. wants me to have my surgery done fast because of my medical issues, so they called me and scheduled my surgery for Tuesday the 23rd, at a private, Dr. owned hospital... I had never heard of it before, was very nervous about the place, but it was what she had opened and could get me in.

So, I went, checked the place out, got okay with it.. started getting things settled to have surgery on the 23rd. Get a call yesterday, from that nice, private hospital, they don't take our kind of insurance. My husband works for the Gov't, so they couldn't take the federal health insurance plan. Ugh.

So anyways, been rescheduled for Friday the 26th, at a different local hospital (that thankfully I have experience with lol) and will have surgery at 730 that morning and they do accept my insurance.

I guess it's no big deal, it's only a few days difference, but you would think the Dr. secretary when scheduling would've confirmed that they accepted my insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Re: Rescheduled for Insurance Issues

That stinks. Even if it is a few days. Glad you got a new appointment for the same week. Sometimes doctor's offices don't think about insurance since most hospitals take just about any kind. My surgery is on the same day as yours was. I keep worrying that the doctor's office will call and tell me something is wrong. I am feeling better since my pre-op was on Monday and today is Friday and no call so far. If I can get through today then I can relax all weekend and spend Monday getting my bag together. (((())))
Unread 02-21-2010, 04:33 AM

Good Luck with your trip to the castle inspiringmind! I am sure things will be great and since I am only a few days past yours.. I will see you on the other side of the boards. :-) I noticed we are also both in Ohio .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2010, 07:32 AM

Yes we are! I used to have family that lived in Dayton too. (They since moved) I will see you on the other side!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register