A new pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-29-2013, 08:22 PM
A new pain

I went to my dr for my two week and he released me to start back to the gym. He just advised start slow and if anything hurts.. STOP. So I felt great and followed his directions. However today, I have started feeling a pain, pressure, burning sensation. I had the laparoscopic procedure, and the pain is right above my left lower incision. Any ideas? Hernia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Re: A new pain

Hi there,

It sounds like you just did a little too much. I don't think it's a hernia, but you can certainly call your doc just to let him know what happened. Don't be discouraged. Some people can jump right back into the gym. It took me 7 months before I could go all out with exercising. Your body is still healing Remember it takes about a full year for it to completely heal. Just rest up and take it a little slower.

Good luck and God bless!

Suzy
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:13 PM

Thank you so much Suzy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2013, 09:22 PM

I'm 5 weeks post op from my Lap BSO and started running again last Sunday. I also have had a pain in my lower left during/after my run. I am not really concerned about it...thinking I am just continuing to heal and the impact of running is probably making things move around a bit inside. I am running slower than normal and much shorter distances....and probably won't increase either until it feels better. Listen to your body and don't push it too hard!
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:54 PM

I'm only 3 days post op (or maybe 2...do you count the day of? Lol) and I can't even imagine working out at 2 weeks! I hope I feel good by then like you
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:02 PM

I hope you do too. The pain script meds bound me so bad, and the pain from that was the worst for me. So I stopped them on day 4 and I count surgery day . Tylenol was my friend then, and coconut oil in my coffee to help with the other issue. Good luck
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:22 AM

I am amazed that you could return to the gym at all at 2 weeks! No way I could have done that. You must have been in great shape before surgery, and you must be a fast healer. I'm not surprised that you feel pain after working out so soon. Take it easy until the pain stops, and when you return, just go a little slower. The pain is likely your body's way of saying it needs you to slow down a bit.
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:33 AM

I don't know about great, but I had been back in the gym 5 days a week for the last 4 months before the surgery. I thought I was going slow because it didn't hurt. You are so right tho. The spin class and leg weights pushed me over the edge. I took today off.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register