Extremely Dry Skin | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Extremely Dry Skin Extremely Dry Skin

Unread 02-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Extremely Dry Skin

I know this is not a major issue but my skin, face, back, feet, etc, is so dry since surgery. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Re: Extremely Dry Skin

I sure did. Still do, but I use a really amazing moisturizer daily to help. I am just managing it with good products, what else can you do... The products I use are pure and made with botanical ingredients, avoid products with chemicals, color or fragrance added that further dry your skin.

Good luck
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:38 PM

Me too. Also have hypothyroidism, so it's a double whammy. Been using gold bond ultimate healing with aloe crm. Works pretty good, and is affordable, especially when you find it on sale. Now, just wish Icould come up w/a way to moisturize my back.
I've also learned not to take hot showers, or take them daily in winter. Unless I am working out or sweating alot, I just take a quick sink bath on the days I don' shower. Also, slather on lotion, cream, or body butter immediately after washing up w/o drying off. This helps your body absorb more moisture. For your feet, believe it or not, just plain old vasoline or shortening slathered on at bedtime with a pair of cotton socks over it will give you super soft skin in a few days
Hope it helps,
Shel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2013, 08:09 PM

Minrs been horrible. I use Cetaphil moisturizing creme. Helps a ton.
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Extremely Dry Skin

Yes!!! Not only my skin but my scalp is dry and flaky. Yuck!! A friend said it may be from the anesthesia.
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:43 AM

Yes, it's terrible!! I scratch until I have scratch raw in places. I recently started using baby oil immediately after a shower(dont dry off ) and then I slather on creamy vaseline. This has helped tremendously. Good luck!!
I have also heard that the Gold Bond with the aloe vera works well also.
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Extremely Dry Skin

Yes I've had the same problem, I'm using body scrubs an body oil they seem to help. My estiticion says I should add a body brush or loofa as well. Hope this helps you
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:44 PM

My feet and legs are horribly dry so I started using whatever heavy duty moisturizer I have and put plastic bags on my feet then sox over that. The lotion then doesn't soak into the sox instead of my feet. I have to be careful walking tho as they can be slippery sometimes.. Works like a charm for me.
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Oh my this has been horrible! My face and lips were so dry that 2 days later I woke up with an assortment of cold sores on my lip and chin. Or is this something I got from the hospital? I have never had a cold sore and know nothing about them but I have ALOT!! Got medicine and hopeing for the best! All I can do..
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:54 PM

Dry skin can also be a sign of low estrogen and of not drinking enough fluids.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register