Can't Sleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-16-2004, 02:42 AM
Can't Sleep

WELL ITS 3:35 AM I WENT TO BED AT 1:00AM SO YEA 2 HOURS OF SLEEP I WOKE UP AT 3 THROWING UP I'M JUST SO STRESSED I GOT THE APPROVAL FOR MY HYSTER CALLED MY DR ALL DAY TRYING TO GET A SURGERY DATE NO ONE WOULD CALL ME BACK. DON'T THEY KNOW THAT MAKES WOMEN CRAZY. MY KIDS HAVE BEEN ACTING LIKE LITTLE NUTS FIGHTING ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING PLUS THE 4 YR OLD IS SICK. MY DH THINKS SOAKING THE DISHES IS THE SAME AS DOING THEM SO I GUESS IN THE MORNING I WILL STICK MY HAND IN THAT DIRTY WATER TO PULL THE PLUG AND DO THE DISHES. YES I'M VENTING SORRY JUST GOING A LITTLE CRAZY. GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO BE AT WORK TILL 2 TODAY MAYBE I WILL GET SOME SLEEP WHEN THE KIDS GO TO SCHOOL.
BLESS EVERYONE ON THIS SITE YOU ARE MY SANITY
JAMIE

TAH/BSO WILL KNOW WHEN HOPEFULLY TODAY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2004, 03:59 AM
Can't Sleep

aww im not sleeping either , my ops next wed the 24th.got a pre op check today and im even nervous bout that!!hope you get some news soon
Unread 11-16-2004, 05:42 AM
Can't Sleep

Ask your doctors for some sleeping aids. I too was NUT and waking up after a couple of hours. Then being so tired was making me much more emotional and upset. Dr. prescribed some sleeping pills and I am sleeping better and feeling better. Even today I am still ok and surgery is TOMORROW (I make be a basket case again tomorrow)! Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2004, 06:29 AM
Can't Sleep

Wonder if 3 - 4 am is the bewitching hour. I am also very agitated today after my preop. The kids just mirror our emotions. Try to take a deep breath and relax. My DH always tells me not to worry things have a way of working themselves out. Sometimes I just want to punch him in the mouth but they usually do. Just hard I guess to be so optimistic when you have these big decisions on our plates. My DH thinks the house is a womans job, and though he has been more helpful as of late. I think they need to hear directly from us that they need to help out. I am trying to be patient with him but very direct. I hope we hear about your date today. Just keep ringing that phone. It will all work out in the end!(OK...don't hit me)lol
Unread 11-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Can't Sleep

Aw, Sweetie, it sounds like you need a nice big

I understand why you're so stressed but try taking a deep breath and calm down a bit. Stress can really do a job on you!

I'll be praying that you hear from the dr soon.

Unread 11-16-2004, 08:50 AM
Can't Sleep

It's terrible to hear that you are not getiing the response from the doctors office. I can relate. I was stressing for two weeks straight just waitng for my doctor to contact me to refer me to another facility. I have no medical insurance and so I felt that I had a choice to be seen by who I wanted and to get the quality of care I deserve. So even though I had a scheduled surgery date with one I went for a second opinion and I am less stressed because of the doctor and the facility I have chosen now. The hubby issue is another thing. Mine has decided he feels bad now. He has been moaning and groaning all night long off and on now for about the 3 weeks since I told him I had to have this done. He has been having migranes but I feel awful because I DON"T CARE THAT HE HURTS RIGHT NOW! TRY WALKING AROUND WITH AN ORGAN FALLING OUT OF PLACE!!! I was not getting the sleep I need to stay healthy for the surgery, so I took some tylenol pm. It help me rest and kept me from running to the aid of my hubby. I think he now is starting to understand that I cannot be wonderwoman!I took the soap and wrote a reminder on my bathroom mirror to myself, "It's not being selfish to take care of yourself!" Best of luck to ya!

scheduled for Nov 22

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register