Need to reschedule AGAIN!! (long) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need to reschedule AGAIN!! (long) Need to reschedule AGAIN!! (long)

Unread 07-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Need to reschedule AGAIN!! (long)

I was originally scheduled for my hysterectomy on 8/13. Well, that is the first day of school & because of things that my daughter went through last year I was forced to petition the school board to have her removed from her school. So, on the 13th she is starting a new school. My GYN's nurse made the decision to change my surgery so I could be there for my daughter on her first day. I was grateful & we rescheduled for 1 week later, 8/20. Things were great, I spoke to my parents & knew when they were coming & to my MIL & she agreed to help until my parents got here. Everything was set & going great. Then the bomb dropped.

My mom had a D&C on 8/6 due to bleeding. Her doctor made the comment that they found a polyp and she was sure that was what was causing the problems, no need to worry. Well, on Thrusday my mom got a call stating they had found pre-cancerous cells & she needed a hysterectomy!!! She is now scheduled for 8/14!!! So, obviously, my surgery is being changed AGAIN!!!

I know that I am probably sounding like an immature teenage because things aren't going MY way, and that is not my intention. I am so worried about my mom. She is my best friend and the thought of her being sick terrifies me. I am glad that she is going in as soon as she is. I just keep thinking that at least it's "pre" cancerous and things will be taken care of. It also makes me glad that I have opted for this surgery. You see, I am dealing with this with my mom & I lost my grandmother to endometrial cancer 2.5 year ago. So, while mom's is necessary, my is preventative.

One other problem is that in November & December I work seasonal work & this will be my 8th year! I need to be able to lift, so I can't schedule my surgery too late or it will cut into the job time. UGH! There is so much & I just want to cry all the time. Part for stress, part from being scared to death for my mom.

The plus side is that mom & I are having fun with this. She is talking to her doctor Wednesday & asking for a BOGO or a buy one hysterectomy, get one free deal! We figured if we are going through this we might as well have fun with it. Also,we are probably the only mother/daughter team having to coordiante hysterectomies. That should get us some award or something, right?!?! ;o)

Sorry this is so long & all over the place, I just needed to get it out. I know my husband wouldn't totally understand, but I know that the women on here would. Thank you if you got this far.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 10:33 AM

Wow - your plate is full. But remember God doesnt give us more than we can handle...somehow things work out. I am on course with your mom - I also had a D&C and they found pre-cancerous cells. At least you are doing things with your mom - and this is probably a first! It's nice you are close to her; you will have each other to lean on. Do something special for her. My DH is my rock and I just bought a journal entitled "What I Love About You" This will be his birthday gift since I will be spending it in the hospital. Somehow things work out - you'll see. Meantime try to relax. I uploaded some Yoga music to my MP3 player and just listening to it relaxes me.......
Unread 07-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Thanks! I don't know what to do for her. My parents live in Indiana and I am in Alabama, so we are 600 miles apart. I told her that I was going to take my oldest to her forst day of school & then leave & drive to Indy to be there the next day for her surgery & she toel me no, that she didn't want me there. I want to be there so bad, but I don't want to upset her either. We are joking around about who gets to go first & she told me that she will so she can tell me how simple it is & I won't be able to milk the recovery process. It's just a joke with us now, but in reality I am terrified!! I don't know what I would do if something happened to her. She had total knee replacement surgery almost 2 years ago & had some complications from that. Her blood pressure plummeted and her kidneys started to fail. So, based on that I am scared. Of course, when it comes to my surgery I am super calm about it. I have total faith in my doctors and I know that the Lord will help me through.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 11:08 PM

Can your surgery wait until the first of the year? That way you can be there for your mom, your daughter, and your seasonal work.

You mentioned your hyst was preventative, so even though you want to get it over with, maybe waiting would be an option. By then, your work would be over, your daughter settled, your mom recovered. Then it could be YOUR turn!

Of course, I don't know your medical history...your dr would be the one to check this out with.

Surgery is stressful enough without adding other things (or people) to worry about!
Best wishes for whatever you decide!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register