Constantly Hungry since hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Constantly Hungry since hysterectomy Constantly Hungry since hysterectomy

Unread 05-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Constantly Hungry since hysterectomy

I have read some older posts about sisters experiencing excessive hunger after hysterectomy. I was wondering if anyone else around the 6-8 week mark post-op is experiencing this?

I can eat something and as soon as I am finished, I feel like I am still hungry. It doesn't matter how much or what I eat. I am really wanting to lose weight and I for the most part am making healthy choices but I am constantly hungry and sometimes I give in whether it be to something else healthy or something like chips. I seem to be craving salt really bad.

Even though I am overweight, I have for years drank coffee most of the day and only eat dinner. Or sometimes breakfast and dinner. Point being, I have never ate all day long nor have I ever been hungry like this. It's insane!

I am on 1mg of Estradiol and I came across an article that said low estrogen levels cause weight gain which is the opposite of the opinion that estrogen dominance causes weight gain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Re: Constantly Hungry

Yes, I have been experiencing almost constant hunger too. It is NOT good for me because I have a lap-band and had my hysterectomy. 3-25-14. I didn't realize it could be related to this surgery?!?! I was released from my surgeon's care at six weeks and he said I didn't have to go back for a year. Any others keep their ovaries and still hungry? If I eat too much or too fast he food comes back up, so I try to make healthy and nutritious choices without eating too much. Water before meals or one half hour after because it washes the nutrients out when trying to digest your food. Good luck to you.
Unread 05-10-2014, 01:41 AM
Re: Constantly Hungry since hysterectomy

Craving salt could mean a few things like dehydration, mineral deficiency, etc.
I would recommend that you do some research of sal cravings and align your nutrition and water intake...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2014, 02:23 AM
Re: Constantly Hungry since hysterectomy

My gyn said a craving for salty things meant low progesterone. I know both low E and low P can cause weight gain. However if it gets super low, then for me the appetite goes out the window. Actually it is more healthy to eat a bunch of small meals than a big meal, some maybe your body is trying to adjust?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register