4 days post hysterectomy: Fatigue - how long does this last? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy: Fatigue - how long does this last? 4 days post hysterectomy: Fatigue - how long does this last?

Unread 07-17-2016, 03:48 PM
4 days post hysterectomy: Fatigue - how long does this last?

How long have some of you experienced fatigue? Granted, I'm only 4 days post-op, but my mind is so antsy! I know I'm supposed to feel fatigue and to rest, but my mind wants to do things! It's like my body is laying on the couch too exhausted to move while my brain is looking longingly at the pile of magazines and craft projects on the table. Sometimes my hand reaches toward them, but the rest of me just continues to lay here doing nothing. Argh.... I'm so bored but too tired to do anything about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Re: Fatigue - how long does this last?

First few days, my brain wasn't functioning really well. I slept 10 hours during the night and took a nap in the afternoon for 3-4 days. When I was awake, though, I started going through a 2+ year backlog of magazines. You're not on bed rest, so *if* you're up to it (key word there ), you can.

As you start to decrease the meds, the mushy mind will pull back and the energy will slowly start to return.
Rest well!
Unread 07-17-2016, 04:16 PM

The first week, I had energy and was active during the day, but by about 6 pm, I felt like I couldn't move and went to bed really early. It got better day by day and by the time I was into my 2nd week, it was much improved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2016, 06:30 PM

Hi, Fatigue due to your body needing rest from surgery, medications & you still have some of the anesthesia in you too.. Everyone is different. For me, I would do an activity like walking, hydrate then rest. I would walk after each bathroom break & nap as often as I needed. Week 2 was better for me but I definitely needed to rest & take a nap. At day 14 I had my 2 week Dr appt. I felt well enough to get dressed, ride to Dr office, walk thru the parking lot, thru the big building & return a few hours later. I was fatigued though.. Its an inch forward & back kind of slow recovery. Try to break up the day w activity like a walk then later after a rest another walk or something else. If you over do it, then you wont be able to do something else for the rest of the day... Over all fatigue to some degree can last for weeks & for some, months. If you have reduced estrogen due to ovaries removed or post op, it can take time for the ovaries to get their act together.. I kept my ovaries, I noticed improvement each week. Week 8 I wasnt napping much, then as I became more active, Id notice needing a nap. Its the same now. If Im super busy & on the go, later, Ill feel like I need a couple minute nap... Stircrazy, I would read news, on pinterest, search recipes, health, decorating, landcaping ideas, etc.. It gets better.
Unread 07-18-2016, 10:58 PM
Re: 4 days post hysterectomy: Fatigue - how long does this last?

10 days post op and I feel similar. Lots of movies, knittting, making lists, planning...though I keep hearing in my head what my hyster comrades have told me. Is that, there will be moments when you are beginning to feel better, but remember to still take time and don't push yourself. Practise stillness which will bring on some sweet healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register