What uterus size is too big for a LAVH or TVH? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What uterus size is too big for a LAVH or TVH? What uterus size is too big for a LAVH or TVH?

Unread 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM
What uterus size is too big for a LAVH or TVH?

Lisa... I love DVD .... I think we should lobby to add that to the "official abbreviations"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 09:39 AM

I started out with a 22 wk size uterus. After 2 Lupron shots over a 9 week period, the surgeon was frustrated that the Lupron didn't appear to work and we scheduled a TAH for 6 weeks out. I had my pre-op appt with him the day before my surgery, he palpated my abdomen, and he was excited, we were able to do the lapro procedure, which was what we were wanting all along. So I was excited and slept well the night before my surgery! As others say, it does depend on the surgeon. It took my dr. a while to scope it out, but we were both thrilled with the results. Hang in there! Tami
Unread 08-09-2007, 02:30 PM

i had LAVH and BSO with a 14 week size uterus and multiple (9) fibroids. my dr. had no problems removing my uterus because it is removed vaginally instead of through the laparoscope. quick recovery and no problems at 5 weeks post op.
Unread 08-10-2007, 11:02 PM

Hi, My uterus weighed over 200 grams, 3 - 4 times the usual wieght. My Dr said it took some doing but she was able to take it out vaginally. My recovery has been so easy because of that extra effort on her part. Find a doc who's comfortable doing the LAVH. Most just want to cut.
Unread 08-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Swelly Belly

Hey Everyone!!!!

I've been pretty busy so haven't been able to keep up on the fibroid thing.

I thought my periods were over, but they are coming on regularly and bleeding is excessive since I no longer take the birth control pill.

No manner what I try to do to loose my poky gut, nothing is working. Just before my period my stomach looked like I was six months and counting. I feel extreme pressure and discomfort, especially before the period.

I have an appt. on Aug. 27th and I can't wait. I am at the point that I just want to get rid of these symptoms.

I would like to have the least invasive, but I will probably have to settle for what better suits my needs.

I just read that your stomach will swell even more after surgery and there is not a lot that you can do about it. So of course I am not happy to hear this. I am also concern because if I have the total hyster. then I will probably gain more weight because of menopause.

Boy, woman have it tough!!!!

Well the good thing about it is I no longer feel alone since I have been with you guys.

If any of you have experiences with x-tra weight or poky guts before or after surgery, please share how to get rid of it quick and in a hurry. I may consider a tummy tuck down the road.

Thanks for the comments!!! l Love hearing from you.

Your hystersister,

phyllish

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register