Scared to do it and too scared not to | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared to do it and too scared not to Scared to do it and too scared not to

Unread 11-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Scared to do it and too scared not to

I wish there was some definitive test that could tell us "no there is no cancer in your uterus or ovaries."
I so don't want to have this surgery but I am even more terrified that my symptoms might represent something sinister and that every week I put this off I am playing Russian roulette with my life. And google doesn't help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2012, 06:34 AM
Re: Scared to do it and too scared not to

Google is my Worst enemy! I get anxiety so I have to stay away from Google And webmd etc.. Or i'll drive myself crazy! I don't want to have this surgery either But after 7 years of having problems I know it's The best thing I can do for my quality of life. I am a nervous wreck about surgery in general since I almost died during a botched D&C back in 2005. I get flashbacks from being in the icu so i'm trying So hard not to even Think about my surgery! Hang in there sweetie!
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:09 AM

(((sundee)))

There are tests, depending on your particular situation but even those aren't always absolutely definitive. Of course, a biopsy could be definitive as to whether there's cancer or not, but they aren't always able to provide staging or extent until after surgery.

I see your D&C and polyp results were both negative which is very good news. If you're having specific concerns, I'd discuss these with your doc to see if there is something more that needs to be investigated.

Hang in there and easy on the googling! (((HUGS)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Shelly I think that is a lot of my problem too, a previous surgery trauma makes it hard to go back.
Monami thank you thank you, I keep reminding myself of the tests I've had thus far that have been clear. It's hearing that they can't know for sure until they have the uterus out that worries me, that and my worsening symptoms.
In a way the fear is good though I guess, it is the thing that will make me do this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register