So scatter-brained I shaved off my eyebrows this morning! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So scatter-brained I shaved off my eyebrows this morning! So scatter-brained I shaved off my eyebrows this morning!

Unread 01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
So scatter-brained I shaved off my eyebrows this morning!

I pretty much have my house ready and have resigned myself to the fact that I am such a bundle of nerves I am not going to be very productive this week. I've been taking lots of time to chill, and play dopey computer games to get my mind off of the surgery date on Monday.

One of the things I have on my list of things to do was to get my eyebrows back under control and color my hair, because I know I will not be up to doing those things for a while and they desperately need doing.

I plucked as usual, and then as is typical, grabbed dh's electric trimmer, which I usually use to just go over them lightly to shorten them and take away the bushy look. For whatever reason, I was NOT thinking, and I put the guard down to the lowest setting and pretty much succeeded in shaving off my eybrows. Not much left there but stubble, and I need to find a good eyebrow pencil.

Even though I felt like an idiot, I got (and am still getting every time I look in the mirror) a good laugh out of it. I didn't realize how much I needed a comic relief. I would have preferred to have one without losing my eyebrows, but that's okay.

I think I will wait to color my hair until hubby is home to supervise, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Re: So scatter-brained I shaved off my eyebrows this morning!

Good grief yes, or you'll be going at your roots with Immac and have no hair left!! :-)

Wishing you all the best for your surgery, and a speedy recovery x
Unread 01-10-2013, 03:23 PM

Haha.....that gave me a laugh cause its something i would do! Im glad you can laugh at yourself. Good luck with your hair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM

I figure they will definitely be very low maintenance during my recovery period, lol. At least the hair coloring went without incident!
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM

Ok, that just gave me the biggest laugh! Thank YOU for sharing. Of course I need to color my roots this weekend but I"ve been SO worried about doing it! My hair is already falling out in clumps from the Lupron I'm on and I'm worried I'm going to touch up the roots and end up with a reverse mohawk!

My DH keeps looking at me and telling me "I love you baby, more than anything, but your hair looks like you styled it with a salad shooter." LMAO!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register