Belly binder or no belly binder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly binder or no belly binder? Belly binder or no belly binder?

Unread 02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Belly binder or no belly binder?

I'm 6 days post op and I feel pretty good with the exception of feeling like I have to hold my stomach constantly! I wasn't given an abdominal binder at the hospital. Are there pros and cons to a binder? I have to keep my sweat pants pulled up over my stomach to keep my incision sites from getting snagged. It feels like I could use the support of a binder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Re: Belly binder or no belly binder?

I used the binder that I bought on here for about 2 weeks post op. It helped so much! I've had 3 c-sections and wish I had the binder after those. Ordered it on a Monday and it was here by Thursday. Would absolutely recommend it. Good luck sister
Unread 02-06-2014, 04:49 PM

I was given a binder at the hospital and bought one from this site as well. Because I have inflamed nerves in my right thigh, my dr said to wait on the binder ( could be adding to inflammation). That can take up to 3 weeks.
I plan on wearing mine religiously after that. It helps hold your stomach when sleeping, especially turning over. On this site, some wear it immediately,others wait, while others not at all.
Ask your doctor. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2014, 05:19 PM

Thank you so much! I ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. I think that it is going to be a huge relief!
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Belly binder or no belly binder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli42 View Post
Thank you so much! I ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. I think that it is going to be a huge relief!
You will be so pleased with it! And sleep in it, you'll be able to roll over and not worry! Good luck 😄
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli42 View Post
I was going to suggest you order one. I came home from the hospital in one but I bought one ahead of time just in case. It feels so comfortable with the binder one.
Unread 02-06-2014, 06:01 PM

I used a binder religiously for the first week, never took it off. I can't imagine what it would have felt like without it. Even with the binder my belly felt very heavy in the evenings and I still felt like my belly needed to be more supported. Now I use it when needed. I will probably use it when I go back to work too since I work in retail and might need the support.
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:27 PM

My DH stopped and picked a binder up from Walgreen's for me because he knew the other one wouldn't be here until tomorrow. It was instant relief! I can't believe how much better I feel! I would tell every woman going through a hysterectomy to get one! I'm feeling a lot happier now!
Unread 02-06-2014, 08:06 PM

I wore the binder 3 days straight after post op. I am now only wearing it when I am walking and if I feel like I need it when I sleep. It is a nice product to have for sure!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register