hysterectomy 8/20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy 8/20 hysterectomy 8/20

Unread 08-10-2015, 01:31 PM
hysterectomy 8/20

Have my appointment for the 20th but everyday I feel worse. The hot sweaty flashes come more often and my whole body aches. I feel as if something is bad going through my blood flow. I know I have cyst and fibroids not sure if that is the problem The dr really didn't say to much just that I needed a hysterectomy. Scared. Am I doing the right thing - hope this helps and I feel normal again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2015, 01:41 PM
hysterectomy 8/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacie68 View Post
Have my appointment for the 20th but everyday I feel worse. The hot sweaty flashes come more often and my whole body aches. I feel as if something is bad going through my blood flow. I know I have cyst and fibroids not sure if that is the problem The dr really didn't say to much just that I needed a hysterectomy. Scared. Am I doing the right thing - hope this helps and I feel normal again.
Mine is on the 20th as well, for adenomyosis. I know what you mean about it getting worse everyday. I agreed to surgery 4 months ago, it's been a looooong summer. I am just a bundle of nerves now, which is weird because I am so excited for the surgery to get my life back but dwelling on it everyday for 4 months has driven me insane. I just want this over with.
Unread 08-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Re: hysterctomy 8/20

I am so glad you wrote, I am going through the same thing. The surgery is scheduled for 8/21 for large fibroids and it seems I have been feeling worse as well. Now, it's headaches, neck aches and hot flashes, which I used to never get. I, too am hoping for some relief. Best wishes to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Re: hysterctomy 8/20

I would get another appointment with your dr and have a list of questions ready for him to answer. I feel like you should not only understand exactly why it is he's recommending a hysterectomy but he should also be going through all treatment options with you and letting you know the pros and cons of each one.

I have large fibroids, adenomyosis an enlarged uterus and ovarian cysts that have created scar tissue. I went over all of this with my doctor, gynocologist and surgeon. Even the OR nurse and anesthesiologist gave their 2 cents. This is a huge decision to make, just make sure you know everything before going in and the best person to answer those questions is your doctor because he knows your condition. Heck, when I met my surgeon I had 2 pages of typed questions and he went over every single one with me and didn't make me feel rushed. Don't be shy to ask whatever is on your mind.
Unread 08-10-2015, 03:49 PM
hysterectomy 8/20

Thanks everyone. And hope all goes well for all of us and back to normal fast.

I have another pre appoint on the 17. Need to get a list of questions together. Plus wanted to make sure that there was no need to go sooner. It just seems since I found out. I'm gaining more weight realizing how long it's been without a period all the aches and pains. I just want it to go away. Some of my friends that had it done said its the best thing. Just want to be sure and that it will take care of the problems I have since theirs was different. Thanks again for listening and help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register