Last Period - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: Last Period

My surgery was back in October. First thing I did was throw away all my period panties and went shopping!

It felt so good when my daughter came in the following month and asked me if I had any tampons or pads and I laughed in her face!!!!! She said "Oh yeah... **** I'm on my own now".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2011, 09:09 PM

Man Im frustrated. I just thought I had my last period but it arrived early this month and if the calendar is correct I should get my period two days before my surgery. Argh. It is just trying to tease and harass me!!!!
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:14 PM

I'm actually cramping with the normal leg pains, and extreme emotions. I'm so over pain, I want my life back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2011, 09:28 PM

I thought my last period was earlier in the month until Friday when it hit me full force lasting all weekend and still goin while i was waiting for a bus at the mall needless to say I missed my bus and am so glad my surgery is tomorrow so I dont have to ever use the bathroom hand dryers to dry my pants again.
Unread 02-15-2011, 02:50 AM

I have been spotting since last week, but this ti me will never get to the "normal" heavy bleeding. I have had the cramping however. Glad to say that my surgery is in 4 hours and 13 minutes. I have to be at the hospital in 2 hours and 13 minutes. Up getting ready now. Wish me luck ladies.

Unread 02-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Ladies I am with you! My last visit from Aunt Flo came yesterday. I am like Witchy1 I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact this will be my last cycle. I have had Aunt Flo with me since I turned 11 I am now 53. I am not sad to see her go, but this is going to be another chapter in my life. I am two weeks out from my surgery. I am feeling so excited that I won't have the pain and discomfort. I am cleaning out my feminine products and fixing my little sister a handy dandy gift bag. Thanks so much everyone for sharing your feeling on this too. Best wishes to those who have not yet had your surgery. To those of you who have I hope everything is going well.
Unread 02-18-2011, 05:40 AM

I got lucky Aunt Flo was light & more spotty than anything before my surgery. I did bleed the day they took out the cath, but I havent bled since then. Good luck with your surgeries
Unread 02-18-2011, 05:45 AM

Its over for me. Dealing with pain wull be my daily routine. In fact I'm noody as I tpye. Ill updtae later. Kinf of high thta morn jo)
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:28 AM

I had a "last period party" with pizza and soda and lots of sweets with my best friend. I HAD to celebrate lol. *HUGS* to you all and may God bless you through your surgery and recovery!!
Unread 02-18-2011, 09:40 AM

haha! I was just thinking as my hormones start to swing and my boobs get sore, my right stabbing pain is not horrible but there letting me know it's gonna get worse ...I know the horror the next 10 days holds but guess what?...then I am done forever because the fourth will be here!! Woohoo!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register