Unexplained pressure in pelvic | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Unexplained pressure in pelvic Unexplained pressure in pelvic

Unread 03-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Unexplained pressure in pelvic

I had a TAH 1.27.04 with no complications. (kept ovaries) Good recovery and have felt great. Recently I am having pain in my lower pelvic, some swelling, and when I urinate there is intense pressure! Not like pain or burning but the pressure is almost like when youa re in labor and the baby is crowning.

Any clues? I go back next Tuesday for my one year checkup and would like to know what to speak to him about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2005, 05:13 PM

When I am on my feet very long, I have a huge increase in pelvic pressure. Last week at my 4 week check I asked the doctor and he said that what I was feeling was swelling where they had attached the structures to support the vagina.

If you are worried you should call and ask your doctor.
Unread 03-03-2005, 06:26 PM

Hi girls, I also have the same feeling, especially on urination.
I have that pressure feeling that feels like I have not completely emptied.
Seleister could be right, it could still be swelling where the sectures are at the top end of the vagina.
Im 7 and a half weeks post op' and I am still feeling alot of discomfort in that area.
Im in the processes of having it checked out.
We are hoping it is not infection.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2005, 09:48 AM

I have intense pressure when voiding. I have had this since day 2 post op and i am now 4 weeks post op. I have a 4.6cm haematoma/ovarian cyst and still have no idea whats going on. Have to be rescanned in 2-3 weeks time.

It does feel like a contraction in your pelvis and worsens just as i finish voiding.

Unread 03-04-2005, 10:19 AM
pressure

I had the same symptons, I had alot of pressure near my rectom and on my left side near my pelvic area, when I would urinate, it didn't hurt so bad, it felt like a contraction(when you blow up a balloon and it stay that way for a while and then you let the air out, the balloon was blown up for so long it was stretched out.) I went back to the dr 2 days after my TAH Nov30,04. I had an abcess that had formed. They had to put a pelvic drain in to relieve the pressure and remove the blood. NOt to scare you, but get yourself checked out. Better safe than sorry. Let us know how it turn out.
Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register