help, i think im going crazy!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help, i think im going crazy!!!! help, i think im going crazy!!!!

Unread 10-10-2006, 12:28 AM
help, i think im going crazy!!!!

i think i had my first melt down today, i went to my post op appointment today and left feeling like a big cry baby. It started off good i had high hopes of going back to work tomorrow. When they called my name the nurse took me in to take my blood pressure. As shes taking it she says, " when did you have your baby?". I looked at her and started to cry when i said i had a hysterectomy. she said she was sorry, but i was an emotional wreck. Then the doctor says i can't go back for another two weeks. I don't know what is wrong with me, i didn't want anymore children. i had a hard time having the ones i have. so needless to say i have spent the rest of the evening very sad, i know i had no choice but to have the surgery. i guess to day was the first time i had to say it out loud to a stranger up until now i have been surrounded by friends and family. Maybe the hrt isn't working but it seems i have opened the floodgates and i can't close them. now i seem to be crying at every sad comercial and tv show that comes on................HELP, is this normal or am i going crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2006, 12:43 AM

You aren't losing your mind. I get emotional when I hear taps being played, etc. and I still have my ovaries so I'm not on HRT. I would discuss it w/ your dr. if you still feel like that. Take care!!
Unread 10-10-2006, 12:57 AM

i still have my ovaries too but they have shut down and i think that may have something to do with it. Doctor wants me to take premarin until they wake up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2006, 01:14 AM

sachak, you are not going crazy. Losing the uterus is a very emotional thing. I really wanted rid of mine as it was causing prolapse problems and I was 51 and definitely not going to have more children. And yet, a few days after surgery I was in tears and feeling very guilty that I had wanted it to go after all it had done for me etc etc...It is such a part of our womanhood. Added to this,our hormones are in turmoil after surgery, hrt takes a while to kick in and get settled and other meds have been adding to the confusion and we are busy healing...
You are only 4 weeks post op if I calculate correctly and there is no way I would have been ready to go back to work at that stage..much more princess time for you!!! Take care, treat yourself nicely and tell others you are still healing.
Unread 10-10-2006, 05:08 AM

You are normal. I am more emotional..have been getting that way more since even before my surgery. We are women, and women get more emotional. I'm sure part of it is hormones, and part not. It's just the make up of us women. You will get over it..allow yourself that crying.....it's a good release, and then you feel better when the spell is over.

Good luck to you and extra hugs!!!
Love, hugs and prayers!
Unread 10-10-2006, 06:32 AM

thanx ladies,
its nice to know im not the only one. I guess I got upset because up until now it has been my choice not to have anymore children, now i don't have a choice. Last night i had myself a good cry and this morning iI feel so much better. Your right , I am no where ready to go back to work. I guess i was trying to trade in my princess status for my super women cape too soon. Today i am back to being a princess and i am gonna be good to myself. Thanks ladies for the support, i don't know what i would do if i didn't have this site, it has been such a blessing....................love, sacha
Unread 10-10-2006, 06:57 AM

I feel sort of sorry for the nurse but I also hope she learned a lesson. Every time I hemorrhaged over the weekend I had to call the on-call gyn who didn't know me from adam, and always the answering service would ask "how far along are you?" - The practice is OB-GYN with emphasis on the GYN! WHY do they assume you're pregnant? That is just always, an unsafe assumption to make - the big stupid-heads.(sorry - had to get a little adolescent for a second there)
Unread 10-10-2006, 10:35 AM

jandybee,

i was thinking about that nurse last night, poor thing must have felt pretty bad after seeing me cry like that. However, they should not always assume that a women is there becuase she is pregnat. I just wish that they could pay a liitle more attention to the chart before thay talk to you.
Unread 10-10-2006, 10:41 AM

I know how you feel with peoples reactions. I am still going to the docs at 3 months post op because I still have a whole load of problems. What is starting to get on my nerves is the pitying looks I get from strangers when they find out I had a hysterectomy. I am the one that made the choice to finally have the surgery. I was tired of the pain. Just my luck I would be one to have a hard recovery. I just look at the people and think man you look so stupid right now. Then I go back to whatever I was doing and forget about them.
Unread 10-11-2006, 01:06 AM

I can relate to the pitty looks...after people find out you had a hyster. they give you this look like you just told them someone died. I know that it will take me some time to adjust...but come on people stop with the poor you looks. I know that after this little storm of life passes...I will be ready to move on to the next chapter in my life. I did not have a choice this was something that had to be done..and i am glad to be rid of the health problems. I just wish people could be a little more sensitive

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register