tomorrow is 3 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tomorrow is 3 weeks post-op tomorrow is 3 weeks post-op

Unread 04-10-2012, 06:52 PM
tomorrow is 3 weeks post-op

Well tomorrow is 3 weeks post op and I am just waiting to see what happens. My recovery has been a bit scary. When week one rolled around I broke out in a rash from the glue they used during surgery... whose allergic to glue? I felt crazy
Week 2... I was in the er. Was dizzy, blacking out, weak, and loose stools... still don't know what all was wrong but followed up with my doc the next day and he said sugery wise I looked ok so maybe a gi infection...
Tomorrow is week 3 mark and I am praying nothing crazy happens. I know my job really wants me back next week but I am just so tired. I don't think I am ready. I had everything except my ovaries removed. They also had to do lavel oblation... so I have two incisions "down under" as well... sitting is no fun but getting easier.
I feel crazy I feel so tired... thought I would have more energy by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Re: tomorrow is 3 weeks post-op

I'm two weeks out and feel really weak so I feel for you. Anyway you stay home another week?
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:54 PM

I am allergic to the glue also!! My Dr told me to pick it off, and when i did i got really itchy and started bleeding. The incisions are still red, but definately are healing properly.

Scary about the ER. Glad you are feeling better now. Think of that as the hump, you made it over the hump and are now on to the good part!

Tomorrow is 2 weeks for me and it feels like the longest 2 weeks ever!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 03:09 AM

Hi Khallman!
Glad the g.i. scare is behind you - that's nothing anyone wants to deal with 2 weeks post-op for sure!

You aren't alone with the glue thing. My incisions itched like crazy until I could pull off the steri-strips and give them a good cleaning. Ugh!

I'm 4 1/2 weeks post-op now, and I'm scheduled to return to work on 4/24, and the way I'm feeling, I don't know how I'm going to do it. Hopefully, my strength will become more consistant, and the achiness and swelling will calm down a bit. I also kept my ovaries, and I thought that would help with feeling stronger, having the hormones flowing and so forth. But I don't get why I'm still feeling a little like Bambi on ice. It is really annoying, I know. Hang in there, and be kind to yourself. If you can take more time from work, maybe you should try to. Bounce it off your doctor, and see what they say.

Keep getting better!
Unread 04-11-2012, 04:17 AM

Hi, I to am 3 weeks post op and it's just so scary, your body feels different every day and your terrified that it's all going wrong. At the moment I am lying on the sofa with horrendous pain on the right hand side of my wound so im not moving today, I think ee just have to take it steady. Over here in the UK we get a minimum of 12 weeks off work , you guys go back way to quick in my opinion, but I font know hoe it works over there. Take care k. X
  Quote:
Originally Posted by khallman View Post
Well tomorrow is 3 weeks post op and I am just waiting to see what happens. My recovery has been a bit scary. When week one rolled around I broke out in a rash from the glue they used during surgery... whose allergic to glue? I felt crazy
Week 2... I was in the er. Was dizzy, blacking out, weak, and loose stools... still don't know what all was wrong but followed up with my doc the next day and he said sugery wise I looked ok so maybe a gi infection...
Tomorrow is week 3 mark and I am praying nothing crazy happens. I know my job really wants me back next week but I am just so tired. I don't think I am ready. I had everything except my ovaries removed. They also had to do lavel oblation... so I have two incisions "down under" as well... sitting is no fun but getting easier.
I feel crazy I feel so tired... thought I would have more energy by now.
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:59 AM

Did I read that right you get 12 weeks! I feel I am going to need 12 weeks at the moment but am hoping for 6 weeks at least.
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:53 AM

Yep at least, thats why I've commented previously about how bad I am feeling and what I should do to get moving as I couldn't imagine going back to work in 3 weeks. I can barely walk. I take my hat off for you ladies over seas.@-}--
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipppy View Post
Did I read that right you get 12 weeks! I feel I am going to need 12 weeks at the moment but am hoping for 6 weeks at least.
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:09 AM

I am on fmla and I could take 12 but only 6 will be paid time and I just can't afford to take the other 6 no money. I will not go back next week I know I need the time... then we will see. I also think my belly button incision is leaking a bit... I told the doc but he said it looks fine... anyone else had a leaky belly button?
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:22 AM

My belly button seemed to take forever to not be crusty or for the hydrogen peroxide not to fizz up like crazy. It's just become dry this week. :/

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register