May 5th is rushing here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May 5th is rushing here May 5th is rushing here

Unread 04-28-2009, 10:05 AM
May 5th is rushing here

My TAH plus TAT (s/p) and possible BSO is scheduled for the 5th of May. I am nervous and anxious/nauseated. I have so much stuff to do including my normal day to day life of kids and hubby plus school, work and unpacking from our recent move. I dont know how I am going to get it all done in time.
I am so anxious about all this that it is hard to concentrate on school work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Re: May 5th is rushing here

HI!
I had a TAH/BSO 3 1/2 weeks ago. I tried to get all my spring cleaning done nefore the surgery, but I work 48 hours per week and did not get everything accomplished. My advice would be - don't worry about it. Things have a way of getting done in time. You don't want to go into surgery already worn out.

I must say that I have a dentist appointment on the same day as your surgery and I dread the dentist MUCH more than I did the surgery! I feel fine right now and I attribute that to slowing down and taking a nap when my body told me I was tired. I rest quite often, but do a little more each day. My poor hubby is ready for me to get back to normal so that I can do the ironing! HAHA

Let your family help you with the work now, and especially after your surgery. Now is the time to take care of yourself until you get well. I pray everything goes well for you. Take care of yourself. Keep us up to date on your progress.
Unread 04-28-2009, 02:21 PM

I totally understand what you're going through!! I just posted about my pre-op appt and all the anxiety I'm feeling and then I read yours. It's normal-- but it just feels so crazy and out of control. Just think, next week we'll be on the other side posting in the post op boards!! Be strong, think positive, and I'll be thinking of you sending you hugs next Tuesday!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2009, 03:46 PM

Hi there,
I remember chatting with you a little bit last week during the live chat. (That WAS you, right?? lol) I am feeling nervous and anxious too. I just had my pre-op today and I am about to leave for my final consult appt with my doc. Definitely talk to your nurses when you check into the hospital...they can give you something in your IV to help you relax for surgery. As far as from now until then.....I think its actually a good thing to try and keep busy because it might take your mind off some things, even if for only a little while. But, if you do not get everything done.....don't worry about it! Just make a list of what needs to be done, in order of priority, and focus on that. If those last few things on the list doesn't get done, IT'S OK! Just breathe. Keeping busy is a good idea, but so is taking some "you" time to relax...otherwise you will drive yourself insane! Hang in there......dunno if you remember, but my TAH/possible BSO is also May 5th. Best of luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register