Dilu's Castle Story - "For this I woke up??" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dilu's Castle Story - "For this I woke up??" Dilu's Castle Story - "For this I woke up??"

Unread 10-16-2003, 08:48 AM
Dilu's Castle Story "For this I woke up??"

Hi sisters,

I'm home from the castle, and my story is posted here:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=115405

My best wishes and prayers go out to all our sisters who go in today, Thursday, I thought about you Tues. and Wed. princesses and said my little parayers for you. I pray that you all have as good a stay as I did, without the throwing up part.

Dilu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 09:12 AM
Dilu's Castle Story - "For this I woke up??"

I'm so glad you're doing do well. I feel bad about the puking part. YUCK. I hope my nurses turn out to be as good as yours!!! Take care!
Unread 10-16-2003, 09:14 AM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for sharing your story. I made a couple of notes to myself as I read your account (to add to my list of stuff to bring to the hospital) "make sure everyone washes their hands."

Congratulations and best of luck to you in your recovery!

Anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 09:24 AM
so glad it is over for you

Oh Dilu so glad to hear from you, although so surprised for the long post. You take it easy and be a good princess and get lots of rest, I have been thinking of you.

Take care,

Unread 10-16-2003, 10:05 AM

Hi Dilu~

Was wondering when we'd hear from you...glad to hear all went well (aside from the vomiting!)

Take good care of yourself!
Unread 10-16-2003, 10:11 AM

Hi Dilu!

Glad to see that you made it to the "other side", sorry to hear about the N/V. Now be a very good princess....you know what to do! Hugs, Brenda
Unread 10-16-2003, 11:31 AM

I know you are happy that that is over with! Soryy to hear you got sick, but it sounds like the outcome made up for it. Take care of yourself. Hope to hear from you again soon.
Unread 10-16-2003, 11:32 AM

Dilu,

Congratulations and welcome home!

I have been watching everyday for your post hoping that everything went well for you. Sorry to hear how sick you were in recovery and glad they listened and gave you the right meds.

I'm like you, before I am touched in the hospital it is a must that they wash well. This became ever so important when my nephew was in for a heart transplant.

I am very glad you are home and hope you continue to do so well, remember to drink lots of water and take short walks. Take my advise, the most important thing you can do for yourself, especially in the first two weeks is sleep as much as possible. I am just about 4 weeks post and have had zero complications and no pain meds since being home. I hope the same for you.

s

Donna
Unread 10-16-2003, 03:38 PM
For this I woke up?

Just to let you know that you are not the "lone ranger" I am also allergic to the popular pain killers, dimerol and dilaudid. Fortunately, I found this out when I had my child by cesaerian birth and broke out in a severe case of the hives. For my hyst, I was given morphine and when I hit the pain button too many times it caused me to vomit. Thus, I was given percodan by the 2nd day of the hospital stay.

Other than that mishap (and of course the hurricane the day I was discharged) like you I was treated royally in the hospital.

Please take heart, I am 4 weeks post-op and I only take a tylenol every now and then (smile). Also, this site is helpful as we sisters share our experience.

Continue to take care of yourself!
Unread 10-16-2003, 03:56 PM

Dilu! Hello! I've been looking for a post from you that all went well and so happy that you are now a Princess!!!! I'm sorry you got so sick but very glad your nurses were extra nice. I hope you are resting and being waited on hand and foot as a good princess should be at this point. (smile)

Best wishes and hugs!
Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register