3 1/2 weeks post - emotional mess | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 1/2 weeks post - emotional mess 3 1/2 weeks post - emotional mess

Unread 09-02-2005, 11:50 PM
3 1/2 weeks post - emotional mess

I had a LAVH on August 8th. I'm doing quite well physically. All in all I can't believe how easy the recovery process has been for me. However, I've been on a emotional rollercoaster that is driving me crazy. I went from low dose prempro before the surgery to straight estrogen due my ovaries being removed. Initially i was prescribed a dose of 1 mg. estrodoil, but after experiencing several emotional "meltdowns" where I wept uncontrollably, my dosage was increased to 2 mg. I no longer cry now but "blow up" at the littlest things, and have become irritable and grouchy. I am also experiencing memory problems and can't maintain my concentration. I am desperate to get my emotions in control as I am returning to work September 5th. When I experience these intense emotions I start the unpleasant hotflashing. I don't go for check-up until September 27th. I would like to hear if others are experiencing anything similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 01:26 AM

Hi BoomerLady54;

I am so sorry to read about the troubles you are having. I know there are many women here who have been through what you are going through. I'm sure you will get many replies and help from those women soon.

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Have you visited the ladies in the hormone jungle? Perhaps they can best answer your questions.

I hope you begin to feel better soon!

Sybie
Unread 09-03-2005, 02:07 AM

I completely understand the weeping, I was a constant sob story for a few weeks after my hyst. Then after getting on some hormones, I noticed I was really irritable, too. It was my hormones. After playing with the dosage and adjusting a few times, I feel great. Usually. I don't know if I'll ever feel "balanced", but I do know that I feel more level than before. Maybe it could be that simple for you? I know you've already changed your dose once, but maybe something between the 1 & 2mg would work better for you? I would definitely call your DR and explain that you're just not happy and not yourself. Or as close to yourself as you could be. Good luck to you and I hope things get easier for you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2005, 08:41 AM

Thanks to both of you for replying. I must say, I knew there would be some emotional adjustment but this is quite a shock. Hopefully, it is a temporary thing. I would hate to think I will be dealing with this for the rest of my life. I was ready for all the physical stuff but not prepared for the emotional stuff. I had already been on the prempro hormones for several years so I thought going to straight estrogen would not be a big deal. I have read postings in the Hormone Jungle and may post there myself. I just don't feel like myself is a good way to explain it. Thanks to any and all sisters who responds to this sister who wants off this rollercoaster!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register