when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!! when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!!

Unread 06-09-2006, 08:38 AM
when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!!

oh my godness, I thought i was a tuff one as I deliver bottled water for a living. But yesterday I decided to clean house, wash my car and trim both rose bushes. Big mistake , now my lower belly on both sides of my incision and my bladder are killing me. Oh well, live and learn. Everyone have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2006, 08:43 AM

GIRL! I know what you are feeling!! Sat. I washed my car, took a walk, pulled some weeds, then the next day i felt fine, so I took an extra power walk, up and down some inclines. Still felt fine, so Monday, I walked and walked some more, because I want to get back in shape, then Tues. I drove about 3 hours round trip and was gone all day. So Wed,Thurs, and today I feel like crap!!! Been sitting with ice on my belly. It really sux when you feel so good and then you end up right back to where you were a couple of weeks ago. I guess in a few days I'll feel better I hope.... I guess like you said, "Live and Learn"...lol
Unread 06-09-2006, 08:48 AM

You ladies crack me up but I'm with ya there. A couple days ago I actually turned on the washing machine and dishwasher, I thought hey its just pushing buttons but the next day OMG boy was I ever sore... WHY I didn't do nuffin!!! Gawd this is nuts.......
Anyways Reba
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2006, 09:31 AM

I hear ya!! I did my laundry last week and have 3 flights fo stairs to manuever, and took too big a basket full, and paid for it for a couple of days..Can't get the birds and fish trained to do housework!!!
Unread 06-09-2006, 09:54 AM

When I did laundry, I took the clothes out of the basket and flung the larger items over my shoulder and carrried the small things. I think the laundry basket is heavier than the clothes I had in it, so upstairs it stayed.
Then when taking the clothes out of the washer, I pulled out one piece at a time and took it over to the dryer - little more weight to it when they are wet. Then when it is dry, you take it upstairs the same way you took it down.
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:02 AM

I guess I'm learning the same lesson. I went back to work on May 22nd for the last week of school. Although I was completely wiped out the first day, the rest of the week was a breeze. On the 27th my dh and I went to Mexico for vacation. The week I was there was great. I did a ton of walking, lots of swimming, snorkeling, etc. and never felt a thing the whole week. This week I started swimming laps again...first "real" or "official" exercise since surgery. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were great. Wednesday night my lower ab area started really talking to me and all day yesterday I was completely exhausted. I went back to sleeping 10-11 hours a night the past two nights. Today I plan to take it easy and ease back into life again. Sigh...the past 3-4 weeks had been so awesome I guess I thought I was really back to normal.
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:32 AM

I've done the same thing! geeze all I did was.....

it's enough to send you to the men in those nifty white coats!!

just doing the dishes wears me out-heck, all I'm really doing is standing there!
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:48 AM

Me, too. I ran the dishwasher yesterday, and folded a load of wash. I even watered the flowers. With rest in between of course, but it wore me out. Today I've got the kids hauling laundry baskets, and the 4yo throwing clothes from the washer to the dryer. I knew I had them for a reason
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:04 AM

I've found that I can finally do stuff without hurting but I still am so tired. When will this go away, I've been tired for almost a year now, besides the severe anemia I had before the surgery and then the surgery, I think I'm going to go nuts. i just wish I could retire and stay in bed for the rest of my life. Everyone take it easy with the housework etc... you really do need a lot of time to heal. Trust me I tried doing everything thinking I felt good so I could do it, but I usually ended up paying for it for two days. Take care
Unread 06-09-2006, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the warning ladies !!!! Love you all. 2up2down

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register