when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!! when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!!

Unread 06-20-2006, 03:05 PM
when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin'
The whole pelvic floor dropping thing scares me! ...that and the fact that she said you can cause yourself a problem and not even know until a couple of years later!!!
Puddin - I live near the new Ikea in Canton, too. Haven't been yet, though! My doc said that women with endo/adhesions typically don't "drop", so seeing as you had adhesions, you probably won't have that problem.

All you new Princesses (<6 months) - listen to your body BEFORE it starts yelling! I got a lot of grief for taking it easy, but I am so glad I did.

And as for sitting in the car: Sitting is actually an "activity." I had more pain sitting for extended periods my first year than I did any other activity. Physical Therapy with Myofascial Release relieved that, but it took a while.

Good Luck!!
Esme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
when they tell you to take it slow, believe me listen!!

my husband stayed home from work the first 2 weeks after my surgery because we have a 3 and 6 year old.
i was 2 weeks post op when he had to go back to work. most of the incision pain was gone and i was moving about good.
i had no choice but to go back to my normal routine but with some limitations. i had to start lifting 25 pound feed bags, changing liter box, carrying laundry baskets and the grocery shopping with the kids. i did not carry the extra heavy stuff like i normaly do.
my wounds have always healed well and fast.
sometimes i know i have lifted and done to much because ill feel some pains at the wound, so i mellow out.
husband works in construction and this time of the year works 12-15 hours days so he is rarley here to help me. i sure wish he was.
i am a very brittle diabetic. so its a miracle that my wounds heal so well.
its not the pain thats killing me its the weakness. overwelming weakness. i had weakness for years before the surgery from diabetes and anemia but post op the weakness is even worse.
how does one do what needs done post op with out having to over do it some? if i had not grocery shopped and feed and watered the animals then me, my kids and animals would all be dead from starvation because hubby has to work alot in order to feed and medicate us. he is not home much at all. just long enough to eat, bathe and sleep a little bit. i cant wait until winter time when his work hours will slow down so i can rest.im just glad i did not do any damage to myself. i almost 8 weeks post op and i still wont lift the ultra heavy things yet.
im just so weak. when will it ever end? i dont mean to complain because im very greatful for all the good i have like fast healing of wound, healthy kids, faithful husband and all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register